Chapter 18 - GO TO SLEEP (Deep Sleep Arc - Part 9)

Location: Playcare - Playtime Co.

No POV

After Y/n and FrownyFox managed to escape from the Playhouse and witnessed the death of the CEO, our heroes finally made it back to Playcare before the phone began to ring as the Prototype is calling them. Y/n remembered what the CEO told them to not trust the Prototype, despite of how he managed to get him and FrownyFox all the info they need to get through this, but they're gonna have to trust him a little longer before they can make a run for the exit after they complete the task.

Y/n then brought out the phone and answered the call.

Y/n: Hello?

Prototype: (Deep Voice) Are you alright? Did you and your fox friend have a hard time getting out of the Playhouse?

Y/n: Yeah, we had a little problem with the Mini Critters in the Playhouse.

Prototype: (Deep Voice) I see. No injuries or lost body parts?

Y/n: Just a few minor scrapes and bruises. Not to mention that I am slowly turning into a Smiling Critter, and I nearly lost my sanity if FrownyFox didn't get me some snacks to calm me down.

Prototype: (Deep Voice) I see and I'm surprised that you two made it out of both the Schoolhouse and the Playhouse alive. As your predicament, I will see if there's a cure to your infection, but you may want to pick up the pace if you want to stay human. We cannot let that happen now, do we?

Y/n: No not really.

Prototype: (Deep Voice) Good. By the way, have you two seen the shrine in the Caverns?

Y/n: Yeah, I think I did, and we've seen some people in robes including CatNap worshipping it. We didn't want to disturb their peace while we were on our way to the Playhouse. Did CatNap make that statue?

Prototype: (Deep Voice) Yes. He made it to represent me as the God of this world. You see, before you met CatNap, the scientists have been using him for some experiments before they decided to use him as one of the caretakers of Home Sweet Home as his sleeping gas helps the children sleep at night, which you were chosen to test out CatNap to help you sleep at night, thus solidifying your friendship with CatNap until there was some, "Accidents" that happened here, leaving this company to be shut down and left to rot that you see PlayCare today.

Y/n: I see. I did meet up with the CEO that told me about how he locked up CatNap and the Smiling Critters in a jail cell, just to destroy the company for a good cause. Now I can understand how this place ended up in ruins.

Prototype: (Deep Voice) That's right, Y/n. They would've perished if they stayed there for too long, but the CEO of Pryton Industries released them from their prison, and I took over the role as the leader and I saved their lives, and they worshipped me as their God as they all see within their eyes. Which is why we are creating a portal that will lead them to a new world to live in, where they will all be finally free from the darkness within this world that is Playcare. I will do anything to keep them safe and kill anyone that opposes me and the Smiling Critters.

Y/n: That's nice. What should do next?

Prototype: (Deep Voice) Well, after you managed to bring some power to the Power Room from the Schoolhouse, despite of Miss Delight smashing it with her imaginary friend, Barb, the power has still managed to make its way to the extension cord for you to route to the Power Room. You two are really close to the end. Once you route the power from the Schoolhouse to the Power Room, you need to go to the Counselor's Office this time to find the last Power Generator. I sent you the key to get in, but I highly suggest you bring the mask this time if you want to go through the Red Mist without passing out like how it happened back at Home Sweet Home.