Poetry

As the moon cast its gentle glow over the Opalescent Chateau, Charlotte sat alone on the balcony of her suite, her figure silhouetted against the night sky. Wrapped in a silk nightdress and a shawl, she appeared fragile yet elegant, her gaze fixed pensively on the distant horizon where the sea met the sky.

Down below, Kaworu stood at the base of the building, his eyes trained on her figure above. His heart ached at the sight of her, noticing the heavy bandaging under her shawl. She seemed lost in her thoughts, yet he couldn't tear his gaze away. With a determined resolve, he retrieved some paper from his bag and hastily penned a note, tying it to a small pebble before tossing it up to her balcony.

Charlotte's attention was drawn to the pebble as it landed next to her feet, and with a curious smile, she reached down to retrieve it. Unfolding the note, her expression softened as she read the heartfelt words written on the paper. For a moment, her spirit seemed to brighten, and she looked more alive than she had in days.

"Charlotte," he called softly, his voice carrying up to her balcony.

Charlotte's eyes flicked toward the man, drawn to the sound of his voice. She turned to look down at him, her expression softening at the sight of him below. "Kaworu?" she replied, a hint of surprise in her voice.

"I - uh... I wrote you a note," he admitted, his cheeks flushing slightly in the moonlight. "I just wanted to... cheer you up."

A gentle smile spread across Charlotte's face as she listened to his words. "You're a poet now, are you?" she teased lightly, her voice tinged with amusement.

Kaworu chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I suppose so," he admitted. "But only for you."

Charlotte's smile widened at his words, and she felt a warmth spreading through her chest. "Thank you, Kaworu," she said sincerely, her voice soft and genuine.

Their conversation fell into a comfortable silence, the only sound the gentle rustle of the night breeze. For a moment, they simply gazed at each other, the unspoken bond between them palpable in the air. Kaworu's eyes traveled over her figure, noticing details he hadn't before: the graceful curve of her neck, the softness of her features, and the way her nightgown draped over her figure, accentuating her form. It was a stark contrast to his initial perception of her as a young girl, and he couldn't help but feel a sense of confusion. This girl – no – young woman, drew him in, her ethereal beauty causing his heart to skip a beat. Yet, as Charlotte noticed his scrutiny, a hint of embarrassment colored her cheeks, causing Kaworu to quickly avert his eyes, grappling with the conflicting emotions stirring within him.

She suddenly stood up, disappearing into her room for a moment before reemerging with something in her hand. With a mischievous grin, she tossed a small white stone down to Kaworu, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

He caught it deftly, his eyes widening in surprise. "A sending stone?" he asked, looking up at her inquisitively.

Charlotte nodded, a playful twinkle in her eye. "Keep sending cheesy poetry," she teased, her voice light as she held up a second stone in her hand.

Kaworu chuckled, tucking the stone into his pocket. "Anything for you," he replied softly, his gaze lingering on her balcony.

With a final smile, Charlotte bid him goodnight, disappearing behind the closed doors of her balcony. Kaworu stood there for a moment, the memory of her smile lingering in his mind. Before turning and making his way back into the night, he pulled out the small stone and left a message for the woman who had captivated him so fiercely.