Not meant for hiking

"Well what the hell do we do now!?" Scott yelled angrily as he dragged his hands down his face in defeat. He paced around a fit in fury.

"Scott, what did Stiles do with me after he found me?"

"He called Jackson and he came and brought you to the cops...by the school-" the last sentenced lingered as he realized the pattern. "Doors. The doors would be inside the school..." he sighed as he looked at Lydia who had a smug grin on her face.

Lydia started walking away from the lacrosse field, on her way to the school and Scott caught up with her walking alongside her. They walked in silence for a while until Lydia finally spoke up,"So what do we do when we find him...?" Lydia avoided eye contact at the uncomfortable question.

"That depends on what state the Nogitsune is keeping him in." Scott said as he kept looking at the forest around him.

"What do you mean?" Lydia muttered not wanting to think about what the Nogitsune was doing to their friend. Her walking began to slow. Her feet aching.

"We don't know what the Nogitsune has done to Stiles at all. For all we know Stiles could be brain dead..." The last sentence left a bad taste in Scott's mouth. The more he thought about the more his stomach churned. He kept walking at the same pace as Lydia came to a stop.

Scott stopped and looked over at Lydia behind him. "Why'd you stop Lydia? Is something wrong?" Scott said slightly panicked as his eyes widened at Lydia.

Lydia sighed as she fiddled with her shoes in anger. "I didn't expect to hike in these." She said half joking. For some reason Scott had just realized she was wearing heels instead of her usual boots. "I think I'm wearing heels as apart of his memory." She said as she just decided to suck it up. "Stupid memory..." she muttered under her breath as she continued to stomp to Scott to catch up with him.

It had been a few minutes since Lydia last complained but she suddenly sighed as she looked at her nails as she kept walking through this forest. "So..." She began to say slightly annoyed with their progress. "How much further?"

"We should be there...now!" Scott had timed his words perfectly just as he said that they arrived to the school. It's was barren... abandoned. Scott slowed his pace down as he looked up at the old school in front of him. "Our school doesn't look this bad right? Or am I just used to it by now?" He said looking back at Lydia who looked nervous of what was to come. "What's wrong Lydia?" He asked softly as he put his hand on her shoulder and turned her body so it would face him.

"How are we going to find the next door...in a building full of doors!?" She said nervous as she looked up at the school in front of her.

Scott began to think to himself, Oh shi-