Future Occasions & Deals

"Snuuy...."

Aubrey bent over the table, her elbows rested on its surface as her hands pushed her cheeks up in her face, crinkling her eyes. Not too much to ruin the intended "puppy-dog" effect, however.

The boy sitting opposite her stopped his diligent note-taking(on the video he was made to watch for homework, no doubt, Aubrey could tell), then peered up to send her a bone-chilling glare, emphasized further by the shadow cast over his forehead by his black hair. He dropped the pen with a clatter next to his notebook, then violently paused the assigned video.

"What," he started with a sigh, folding his arms across his chest. "What do you want."

"Nothin'! Just wanted to see what weird face you'd make when you get interrupted," Aubrey then continued with a scoff, leaning back and putting her hands behind her head, "so don't look at me like that, Snuuy! It's mean! I thought you were a 'sweet, wittle boy'....." she cooed, making sure to pucker her lips for effect.

Sunny continued to stare at Aubrey for a while, then he huffed. "That doesn't make any sense." He immediately made a move to turn the video back on again, staring down at his notes. "Now shut up."

Some rage built up inside Aubrey - as well as some other feeling, as her stomach sank a little.

"Ugh, fineeee," Aubrey whined at Sunny with an eyeroll.  "You're so uptight! Guess I'll go find Kel or someone else...."

"Then go do that," deadpanned Sunny, eyes still on his homework as his pencil scratched away.

Not like Aubrey expected Sunny to be butthurt about her talking to someone else, of course. Unfortunately, for both of them, that shy blonde kid - Basil, was it? - was nowhere to be seen in the library. That idiot Kel was probably off playing with balls. Basketballs, in particular.

Speaking of balls....

Wasn't Valentine's Day coming up?

She leaned forward on the table, snickering internally(and perhaps a little externally) about what she was going to ask.

Sunny obviously sensed her coming up close, exhaling and raising his head to send her a look. "Soooo, Snuuy, you know what day's coming up?"

"...the prices on....increased greatly...." the video continued to play, then came a loud smack, and it turned off. Oh, Sunny had sharply pressed a button to pause the video. "What. Do. You. Want."

Once more, his piercing gaze evolved into a glare, dark eyes boring into Aubrey's own.

"Um, come onnn! You're not excited for Pi Day?" Aubrey huffed, flipping some hair over her shoulder. Come to think of it, her decision to not tie her hair was very...strange.

"Pi Day is next month. On the fourteenth," corrected Sunny dryly, the tip of his pencil nearly piercing the paper of his notebook. "Idiot." His gaze shifted down, not looking anywhere really in particular.

With a mock offended look, Aubrey said incredulously, "Nooo? What do you mean? It's obviously on the fourteenth of THIS month—"

"That's Valentine's Day," Sunny let go of his pencil, the sound of it hitting the notebook page as it fell getting muffled by soft material of the paper. "No, I'm not doing anything for it because it's....not a big deal. It's just any other day."

Puffing out her cheeks as she sat back, the girl continued, "Nope! That's wrong; isn't it a certain someone's birthday somewhere near that? Hmm?"

The growing flush on Sunny's face reminded Aubrey exactly why she enjoyed teasing him like this. Actually, teasing or having some kind of banter going on with anyone, which didn't exclude Sunny's other friends as well as some people she herself knew. Like that one girl with a cool haircut and a blue hoodie, along with pretty amber eyes. Then this guy who insisted on being called the "Maverick,"(Aubrey DID like calling him that, to be honest, but it wasn't like she was going to ADMIT that to anyone anytime soon) and also this one prideful, blonde jock. Jay, was it? Who was the exact opposite in personality to Kel - Sunny's overly optimistic friend. All of the drama with HIM(Jay, not Kel - who was way too righteous for that) had started when he'd once told her to get out of the way.