chapter 8

Recap-

(Time tha toh dal diya, acha response Dena)

The next day

Author's pov-:
Nischay wakes up as the bright sunlight pools down his face, y/n's nowhere to be found. He sat up straight, streching himself awake. Slow whispers outside the door were heard, which meant people were eavesdropping on them-or on him. Since y/n wasn't here, nischay walked up to the bathroom, knocking to see if she's in there.
The unlocked door swinged open revealing an empty bathroom. Where the heck did she go? If she were to leave the room earlier, people wouldn't be anticipated outside the door, waiting for them to come out. He scanned every other corner of the room, when it ticked on his brain- the varanda.

He opened the balcony door and there she was, sitting on the floor, asleep. How long she has been here? Maybe because he crossed the line last night, disrespecting her family. Maybe she felt hurt at his words and didn't wanted to be near him. Or it could be she was here for some fresh air and eventually fell asleep. Whatever it was, for nischay, the time stopped.

Slow breezes made her silky raven hair fly as she slept soundly, still in the heavy clothes of her wedding.

Nischay came closer and bent down to her level. She looked so pure, so innocent, so pretty. A half smile emerges on nischay's face as he takes in this beautiful sight-y/n has always been kind of mysterious student ever since she appeared in nischay's life.

She never attended any of scl programs nor participated in any one of them. She didn't even joined when the entire class went for excursions or picnics on children's day.

Back then it didn't mattered, he wanted her out of sight as much as possible.

Still, her not attending any fun activities drove him even more mad. Rather than enjoying, his dread grew, dread of y/n besting him in the finals. Just as she did in mid-sems.

The sole presence of y/n felt like a curse to him and at the same time it brought him more distress if she wasn't there infront of his eyes.

2013

Autumn

(In the class)

Lallu lal ji- so, ab bht jaldi apke boards aane wale hai.....just like the 10th boards....yeh bhi ek bht important phase hai😗.....it decides your future, your college and your career.😗😗

Kunal- a single piece of paper can't decide my future.....😎

Harsh- iss baar ke mid sem ki report card apne mummy ko dikha fir bakna....aaya bada....🙄

Nischay- chup kro mujhe question pattern sunai nhi de Raha.....😠😒

**Nischay made notes as lallu lal ji babbled upon the pattern of questions of the previous years.**