Chapter 4: The Thugs' Hideout

FOREWARN: [I DO NOT & NEVER WILL OWN FIREMAN SAM, JOSHUA JONES, OR PADDINGTON. THE THUGS ARE TO ME AND ME ALONE.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE...

Everyone in Pontypandy was searching different parts of the forest, calling for Norman, and checking every place they thought Norman could be hiding.

Sam, Elvis, Penny, Radar, Sarah, and James were searching the charred campsite. They searched all the charred and knocked down tents, until Radar noticed something in one of the tents - a few crisp packets and a banana peel.

"Norman definitely was here." Fireman Sam said, picking up the litter. "This reminds me of when he ate everything from the whole picnic basket on the day he, Mandy, Helen, Dilys, Steele and Trevor went to the beach." He radioed Tom Thomas. "Any sign of Norman, yet, Tom?"

"Negative, Sam," Tom's voice went from the radio. "I'm not having any luck where I'm searching."

Tom was riding his helicopter to search near the lighthouse, and along the cliffs. "I'm gonna head back to the Mountain Rescue Centre to refuel." he said.

"Ok, thanks Tom." Sam said, then hung up.

Sarah & James ran up to him from their side of the campsite. "Any luck?" he asked his niece and nephew.

"No, Uncle Sam." Sarah & James said together sadly.

"I'm really worried about Norman, Uncle Sam." James said anxiously.

"You and me both, James." Sarah said sadly.

"So am I." Sam assured his niece & nephew. "Oh, he's most foolish to run away from home like this." He sighed. "But don't you two worry," he said, building confidence, "We're gonna find him before he gets into trouble... if he hasn't already."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fireman Sam didn't know that Norman Price was in trouble - he was in Newtown, and he had been caught by 2 thugs who had found him in their motor home. The dark-skinned thug had grabbed Norman by his shirt, lifted him up, and pinned him against the wall of a building and had prepared his other fist close to Norman's face.

And before you ask, Yes, I'm aware that most thugs use sharp knives, but since this is a kids show, the knives are not there.

"All right, boy." the brown-skinned thug said sternly, "what were you doing in our van?"

"And this time, the truth." the stocky thug stated.

"I-I-I-I'm not sure! I didn't know about your motor home, I swear!" Norman Price FIBBED, panicked, and quite scared, knowing full well that the thug was holding him would potentially hurt him if he did anything.

Unfortunately, the brown-skinned thug was, sad to say, not a patient man. "This is your last warning!" the brown-skinned thug said to Norman, now totally mad beyond belief, like Dilys had been in chapter 1 of this story. "I'm gonna give you 30 seconds to tell us why you were trespassing in our van, and I'll punch you in the face!" snapped the thug.

"Uh, don't you mean 'or'?" the stocky thug asked.

The Brown-skinned thug sighed in exasperation, then said to Norman angrily, "Tell us why you were trespassing in our van, or I'll punch you in the face!"