Welcome

It's hard to believe this is our fifth season hosting the Bootcamp Mentorship Program, and we're excited to help a new batch of committed writers prepare their stories for success!

If this is your first time visiting our profile, we invite you to read our Profile Guide. It contains the most comprehensive information about the program. If you've been with us for a while, welcome back! We suggest you also read through the Profile Guide's Intro chapter because our program has changed!

If you're interested in participating this year, details of our 2024 season can be found in the chapters of this book. Read on, Macduff!

How does the program work?

This year we are hosting three mentoring sessions, which you'll find listed in our Mentoring Sessions chapter. After you've learned about the focus of each session, you can reference the Mentor Availability chapter to decide which mentor(s) you'd like to work with. You will have the opportunity to submit an application to up to three mentors.

Before you apply, please take the time to look over each mentor's work, their bio, and how they engage with their followers. You'll want to work with someone who is a good match for you and your story. When the submission window opens, you'll be instructed to apply. You will find instructions on how to do this in our How To Apply To A Bootcamp Mentor chapter

Our mentors will consider each application submitted to them and choose one mentee from those submissions. Due to the unique nature of each Wattpad contest we'll be focusing on in 2024, submission requirements will vary. Some contests don't require a story to already be written, so our mentors will be using other methods to determine their choices, such as current works on your profile and your bio. PLEASE NOTE: You are not required to participate in the writing challenge that we focus on during each mentorship. We are simply giving folks an opportunity to experience writing toward a tangible goal.

We recommend you consider participating in our Ask a Mentee Q&A events prior to each session, hosted on our Discord server. (link in bio) And be prepared to hear from your chosen mentors as they reach out to learn more about you.

IMPORTANT! As stated in our Profile Guide, if you wish to participate as a mentee, you will be required to open a Discord account and engage there. After four seasons of mentorships, we have learned that the mentees who support each other in the server have had the best success after they finish the mentorship. Writing does not have to be a solitary endeavor. In fact, there is power in numbers, and many of our writers who have graduated from the program are now Bootcamp Mentors themselves.

What's in it for the mentee?

For starters, you will end up with a story that you can be proud of and with more skills than when you began. Another perk is establishing a relationship with a fellow writer who is invested in your success.

As a mentee, you must be open to feedback and in-depth discussions with your mentor. If you are not willing to put in the work or you're just looking for a pat on the back, this program is not for you. It's also not an easy way to get reads, votes, and comments. This is hard work. If you are not up to the challenge or able to put in the time, please do not apply and take a spot from someone who is really invested.

If you decide to enter your story in the focused Wattpad contest, fantastic! We hope you take that next step in your writing career and wish you the best with it, but entering the story is not a requirement for being a mentee. 

What's in it for the mentor?

The satisfaction of giving back. We donate our time because we all had help along the way. We know that a manuscript needs many sets of eyes in order to be the best version it can be. Helping our fellow writers find their inner muse and nurturing their strengths feels pretty awesome.

What's next?

Leading up to each mentoring session, we will host Ask a Mentee Q&A events in BCM's Discord server. (see Ask a Mentee chapter for details) We highly recommend this. Not only can you learn what it's like to work with a mentor and meet some of them in the process, but we'll be discussing the skills needed to do well in the upcoming Wattpad contest.

Stay tuned. If you don't see a chapter listed here, more chapters will be added as the 2024 Bootcamp Mentorship season progresses.

📌      📌      📌

DISCLAIMERS: THE WATTYS BOOTCAMP MENTORSHIP PROGRAM IS INDEPENDENTLY RUN BY WATTPAD WRITERS.

THE BOOTCAMP MENTORSHIP PROGRAM IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE AMBASSADOR-RUN CONTESTS THEY SUPPORT.