ARROW

Layla walked through the dorm to get to her room. She was hoping to get some time to sleep before she went over to Sheila's office. Today was a class free day, but she still had extra classes.

After returning from the fortuneteller's, nothing much happened again, and Layla hoped it would remain that way. It was wishful thinking but a girl could dream.

As she planned to lie on the bed, she noticed a letter on her table. It was already opened and it wasn't addressed to her, but Sheila.

She picked up the letter wondering why Sheila would send her her letter. The contents of the letter were simple and straightforward. It was an invitation to the funeral ceremony of the Prime Minister's daughter, the one Layla was supposed to have healed.

***
Her mood ruined, Layla headed to the training field to clear her head or at least do something. She didn't feel sad about the girl's death, after all, she had barely known her, but she was feeling a bit guilty about the whole thing.

Sheila was currently attending the funeral, so she was free for the whole day. She, of course hadn't been invited, but her parents probably had. She could only imagine what the Prime Minister thought of her or her family.

At the training field, she saw Claudine practicing her arrow shots. It wasn't surprising to see someone there, but Claudine was supposed to be at the funeral, Harry and Claud included.

"You weren't invited to the funeral?"

Claudine turned to look at her before replying.

"I was, but I opted out of it. It meant Claud had to go, but that's his problem. "

Layla caught a faint hint of amusement as Claudine said the last sentence, but it disappeared as soon as it came. She didn't know how they interacted as siblings, but maybe it wasn't so bad.

Her mind however was directed towards the arrow and bow with Claudine. She was interested because unlike swords, she actually liked archery. She had chosen to use a sword because it was the only option she was given.

"I thought they didn't allow arrows as weapons."

"They don't allow it as a main weapon, but you can use it as an extra weapon. But with how far behind you are at swordsmanship, I doubt they'll allow you to practice it. "

"I guess I can try it, even if it's only for today. "

She drew the bow and sent the arrow flying. It didn't hit the bullseye, but it hit the target. Layla was happy with her achievement, she had half expected the arrow to completely miss the target. She might have liked archery, but she wasn't very good at it.

"You aren't half bad." She said and drew her bow. It didn't hit the bullseye, but it was closer to it than Layla's arrow.

Layla drew her bow again, hoping to hit the bullseye.

In her thoughts, she hoped she would have more peaceful days.