Chapter One - Hoskins and Claire?

Keep in mind I do not know exactly what happened in order or what all was said so don't judge pls. Enjoy! -Livi
Olivia's POV -
"Steady. Steady. Blue I see you. Charlie don't give me that shit" Owen said as we stood our ground above the Raptor paddock. It was time to train and feed the Raptors.
"Delta!" I called to her. They all watched me and Owen as they finally looked at us. Owen was clicking his attention grabber.
"Aaand...we're moving." He said as we both walked to the other side of the bridge which stood in the middle above the ground of the paddock.
"Good. Good." Owen said clicking and watching the Raptors stand in formation.
"Very good." I smiled at Delta. "That's my good girl." I grabbed a mouse from the bucket and tossed it to Delta. "Delta, squeak!" She snapped and ate it.
"Charlie." Owen called and threw the mouse to him. "Echo!" He threw a mouse to her and she caught it mid air. Always a show off.
"Blue...this ones for you" Owen had a soft spot for the beta. It was obvious she had a soft spot for him as well. He threw her a mouse and she ate quickly as usual.
"Up." We both said and watched as the raptors looked up and stood up tall. "Go. We called and they ran off.
People started clapping and admiring our training. They said it wouldn't work.
"Good job kid!" Owen hugged me.
"Thanks bro. You too." I missed up his hair. He playfully glared and fixed it. He hates that.
"Wow!" Hoskins said clapping and coming towards us. Me and Owen both rolled our eyes. Hoskins was a turd and had bad intentions. Luckily my main man Barry was right behind him.
"And they said it couldn't be done!" Hoskins proceeded. Owen put his hand on my shoulder and guided me to the stairs. "Imagine what they could do in war! Huh!" Hoskins laughed. Umm no.
"Imagine what they could do if I threw you in." I growled under my breathe. Owen nudged me and chuckled. Barry laughed as well.
"What do you want Hoskins?" Owen asked once we were at the gate to the entrance.
"Nothing. I just want you to consider what we could do. All the possibilities! We know they listen to people and can be trained why are we making a petting zoo out of it?" He asked. Owen and I walked in and he closed the gate behind him.
"Do you even hear yourself talk?" Owen asked.
"HA!" I yelled with a wide smile. "I don't think he hears anyone let alone himself brother." I said messing with the controls.
"That mouth will get you in trouble little girl." Hoskins pointed at me. I held my hands up smirking. Owen on the other hand..."and you're threatening my little sister will get you thrown in with the raptors like the mice. Say squeak squeak my little mouse friend." Owen said using the same technique I use to help Delta know 'food.' That made me laugh.
"Hey, it was merely a suggestion" he held his hands up and then put them back around the bars. "But seriously. We can win millions of wars. Their teeth against the enemy. Who's gonna win? I'll give you a hint, not them, but definitely not the park that sells 6 dollar sodas." I rolled my eyes. Those sodas are almost never flat. It's great!
I was about to smart off when I was cut off. "PIG LOOSE! PIG LOOSE!" And sure enough there was a little pig running around the paddock squealing and hollering. The new guy had the catching rod and tried to put the ring around the pigs neck but as soon as it went around Charlie came and took the pig causing the man to be pulled off the bridge by the stick.
He landed flat on his back and immediately the Raptors attention was completely on him. They were looking at him like he was a meal. I mean he was. But not if I could help it.
"Owen!" I yelled as I opened the gate and ran under it grabbing their attention. Owen right behind me.
"Owen! Olivia! What the hell do your think you're doing?" Barry yelled stopping the gate from opening more.
"Hey! You look at me!" Owen yelled at Charlie, Echo, and Blue.
"Delta! Eyes on me girl!" I said harsh yet calm. We held our hands out and stood back to back. The raptors came closer and closer.
"Hey! What did I just say?!?!" Owen yelled. They stopped. Except Delta.
"Delta I see you! You better stop!" As soon as I yelled and meant business she stopped with the rest.
"Good. Barry...close the gate." Owen said. "You got me Liv?" Owen asked.
"Yeah. I got you."
"IM NOT CLOSING THE GATE ON YOU!" Barry yelled at us like we were crazy.
"Do it Barry!" I yelled. He hit the button and it started closing. We paused.
"Go!" Owen yelled. We both ran and slid under that gate. The loud banging of the Raptors hitting the gate caused us to shrink and look at each other.
Owen helped me up and hugged me. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm good."
"Good." He sighed releasing the hug. I looked at the new guy.
"Hey, aren't you the new guy?" I asked him. He nodded. "Haven't you ever wondered why we were hiring?" I asked. He looked even more scared. "Oh! And never turn you back to the gate." I pointed to Echo with her mouth and claws through the bars trying to get him.
As soon as we exited the gate my walkie talkie went off.
"Olivia, you there?" I heard Claire's voice. I sighed and grabbed the walkie talkie. "Yup. What's up?" I asked.
"I need you to watch my nephews." She informed me. "What? I can't I have to-"
"Great! Meet Zara at the entrance." I sighed and rubbed my face. She's so commanding. It's like she's the commander of commanding. I bet she has Ten Commandments on being the commander of commanding.
"Owen! Claire has me on babysitting duty. I'll talk to you later." I told him with a hug. "Alright. Watch out for creeps."
I sent him a salute and was on my way to watch...whoever they are.