𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀

✧

THE GAME . . .

"Have you played Mermaid Kiss yet?"

MERMAID KISS is a horror romance otome that has made its mark in the industry since it was released. Based in a setting where the Merfolk have come to take over the human realm, the main character (which is the player) chooses to take responsibility for everybody and strives for a path of survival. They can meet 6 potential love interests in the game, of which has both good and bad endings depending on how the player interacts with them.

THE PLAYERS . . .

"Well, of course. Although, just a bit."

Not everybody is a huge fan of the game however, and they might have just been pushed to play it by other people. Or perhaps it was on their list of otomes, and it's only now that they've come around to it. Whatever their reasons might be, it does not change they are lacking information about how to beat the game— what do you expect from first-time players?

THE SYSTEM . . .

"Eh? Where...are we? Don't tell me, this is the game..."

The system is highly detailed and meant to help the player at every turn and stop. They can view their love interest's route completion (out of 100%) and the general plotline's progression (which is also out of 100%). There are also notices of when they're getting close to deviating from their love interest or not following the correct instructions. Of course, trivial percentage values are available, referencing the love interest's current affection for the player and so forth. Last but not least, a feature that everyone has appreciated since playing the game: the revival key. For any playthrough, a player may revive once. Yes, deaths are inevitable if you wish to collect bad endings, but what makes MERMAID KISS unique is that you have to start over if you die. Your memory can be saved at certain plot points.

PLOT : In order to finish the game that they have been brought into, the players must work together to romance their separate love interests and defeat the Queen of Mermaids. But what they might not expect are the difficulties that come with unpredictable romances and the cruelty of mermaids that might just seal their fate to death in an unfamiliar world.

or ...

6 new players of MERMAID KISS wake up in the game to find out they have to reach the good ending with a 100% completion on a love interest route. Can they make it?

REVOLUTIONARIE !!original applyfic by dusktag 4+ people if interested ->

REVOLUTIONARIE !!
original applyfic by dusk
tag 4+ people if interested ->