Middle of Summer, 2023 (prologue)

Near the middle of the summer in 2023, I found myself broken hearted over a butt who doesn't care about anyone but himself and treats everyone around him like crap. I was always a firm believer in "what goes on in the dark, always comes to light" and this situation was a prime example.

What I thought was love quickly turned to anger, hatred and rage. I knew that beast was still in me from how I had to calm her down before, except this time, she felt like she was stronger than ever.

I silently dealt with her according to the outside world. I made a choice to not ever let myself go there ever again once I tamed her. I learned a long, long time ago that she has to be provoked in order to break out of her cage. This was no exception.

When you deal with selfish, unhappy people, you will find that they are not grounded at all and they're basically grabbing at straws, looking for the next "best" thing.

In this world, you don't have to look for sin, it's right there in front of your face. Tempting, taunting, and always trying to lure you to it so you can stray away from the Lord and where you need to be with him if you belong to him.

That's where the "wolves in sheep's clothing" phrase derives from, and this is a prime example of that.

Now, why am I writing all this stuff out here even though that it probably doesn't mean anything to you or for the reason of filler?
Well, for one, this should give you more of an idea of where I was at the time that I decided to get my life back which led me to the decision to reach out to Ellison and rekindle the friendship that we had a long time ago.

I was an angry and hurt individual. Absolutely livid. Before this, I was never known to think about cursing or ever saying a curse word, except after this, I just didn't care anymore about what anybody thought about me or anything. It was a "what you see is what you get" mindset.

I had to backtrack to calm that beast down. Everything that I felt was caused by a switch in my mind to just let go completely with not a care in the world, and I really didn't care how dangerous that was to just do that. In fact, I thought it would be whenever I turned 18 before I did that. Boy, was I wrong.

To name what the situation was, my now ex, Beckett, cheated on me.

So basically what had happened was that on a Monday, I had planned to let him go the next day because it wasn't working out. Well, the next day, no call, no message, nothing. Then the following Wednesday, I get a call around 5 o'clock in the afternoon from him and he admits to cheating and I asked him why and his first response was "I don't know" which I knew was a lie because you don't go and stick something in where it doesn't belong and risk throwing everything away and not know.

I had eventually got it out of him why and it was "because I wanted me some". It was at that moment, that switch in my mind to release the beast, flipped.

I had planned to go to his apartment the very next day and beat his Bessie for him. Honestly, he better be thanking God everyday for telling me to not do it and leave it as it was and still is. By the way, if you just so happen to be reading this, God saved your sorry butt for now, at least until judgement day, and I hope you are very happy living with this disgusting act on your conscience. I said what I said.

Needless to say, I worked through my anger and drew closer to God and I'm at peace now, along with being happy and content. Back to after it happened, I got my Facebook back after not being on it since 2020 and was happy because I had been trying to get it back for a while.

Just so happened, Ellison had sent me a friend request (along with some other people that I had no idea who they were) and I accepted it. Afterwards I messaged him and told him that I had gotten it back and if he ever wanted to reach out for anything, I'd be alright with that.
That night we had talked about some stuff like what we had been up to since the last time I had saw him (which was in March of 2023 and I had just stumbled upon him, unknowingly, all because I felt eyes on me and looked around and there he was) and some mutual friends, basically your normal stuff that you'd talk about with a distant friend.

After that conversation, I didn't talk to him for two weeks. It was what had happened two weeks later that really started a fire deep down, except I brushed it off because I wasn't sure if it was a rebound or what. It was definitely questionable.