05

(A shining star lost in universe)

Ruhi - 14 Yuvaan - 18

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

The warm rays of sun peeking through the window, reflected on the report card placed on her lap. She watched as the car moved speedily through the road but the rays didn't leave the card.

"Ruh you know the room number right? "

Ruhi snapped out of her thought hearing her father's voice accompanied by the sound of unbuckling the seatbelt. She simple hummed and opened the car gate after nudging Ruhaan to wake up, who was sleeping beside her.

Looking at the luxurious hospital, her face morphing into a scowl. She hates it, the hospital, the smell of hospital and the fact that her grandfather is staying at this hospital for nearly a week now.

She hates it because of the fear, the fear of loosing her grandfather, her grandfather who was lying on the bed for a week.

She hates the fact that the doctors didn't bring any good news. Always bad news.

Her head dipped when Ruhaan put his hat on her head to protect from the scorching summer rays.

They quietly followed Raghav who was himself walking sluggishly, the week long of sleepless nights catching on him and the week long of fear and grief showing on his eyes.

She watched as her father stopped at the reception asking for some form to fill, she continues her walk without stopping as they walked inside the elevator. Clicking the floor no. She slumped against Ruhaan, if it was possible she would have thrown the atom bomb in her school for having a parents teacher meeting out of nowhere. Her school uniform is clinging onto her body due to the hot temperature of the summer season.

Reaching in front of the room, she noticed how Ruhaan tried to put up a smile but it flattered in a second. It hurted to see him soo sad and it hurts her to imagine her grandfather seeing them with a sullen face.

She gave his hand a small reassuring squeeze with a little smile. "It's fine. " Her voice almost whispered as she spoke.

She watched as his facade almost crumbled momentarily before he cleared his throat looking ahead,"yeah it's fine."

Yeah,

The door slowly opened by Ruhaan, showed the inside of the room. The white wall devoid of any frames, the closed window and the beeping sound of the machine.

In the middle lay her grandfather, pale and hollowed cheeks noticeable from a far, his chest rising up and falling down in a broken rhythm.

"Ajoba." Ruhaan softly called him while walking towards him. Kishaan slowly opened his eyes and closed a few times to adjust from the white lights before glancing at them, his chapped lips curving up inside his oxygen mask.

Ruhi also walked a little to stand beside him, smiling a little as she asked him. "Ab kaise ho? "

Kishaan slowly raised his drip attached arm and tried to make an ok from his finger but stopped by Ruhaan instantly.

"Samjh me aa gya rehne do. " He roughly spoke as a glare slowly settled in his face. Kishaan sighed softly before moving his eyes towards Ruhi who was only looking at him. He raised his eyebrows at her hand in which she was holding her report card.

Ruhaan walked back towards the table placed in the side to put some fruits there from the bag he was holding, giving some space for her to talk to him comfortably.