Kaiba's Fever (Pt.1)

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: 𝐈'𝐦 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐛𝐚.

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐟𝐢𝐜 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞.

𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐩(𝐬): 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐛𝐚 𝐱 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚 (𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟)

𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠(𝐬): 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

  <_____________________________>

The damage done to Kaiba, when attacked by Mors, worsened drastically, just when he seemed to be fully recovered.

He fell sick with a fever, due to his body going into delayed shock, from the attack, and due to severe nightmares, replaying the attack.

"Selma, everything hurts!" Kaiba gasped out, sweat running down his face.

His body still felt sore from the attack, the sickness only adding to the soreness.

"I know your grace, I know. I've sent Meri to get you some tea, that should help rid of some of the pain. You must remain on bed rest, until further notice." She said, her voice heavy with concern, as she held a cold cloth, to Kaiba's forehead.

Ashara walked in briskly. His eyebrows furrowed, with an expression of worry.

"How bad is it?" He asked Selma, as he walked over to Kaiba's bed.

Selma looked to Ashara. "He'll be on bed rest, for a few days at least. A week at most, if things don't start showing any signs of improvement, in a few days. That's just regarding bed rest though. He could get well enough to move about, but that doesn't mean he's fully recovered from this illness." She answered.

She reapplied cold water to the cloth she was holding, and continued to hold the cold cloth to Kaiba's forehead.

"Shara..??" Kaiba mumbled.

Ashara looked at Kaiba, in worry. He gently took one of Kaiba's hands in his. "I'm here, darling. I'm here." He reassured Kaiba.

Kaiba teared up. "It hurts." He managed to say, before letting out a pained scream. "My head is pounding so bad! Please, please make it stop! Agh!" He shouted, gripping Ashara's hand, his face scrunched up in pain.

Meri walked in at that moment, with the pain relieving tea.

"Meri's made you some pain relieving tea." Selma reassured Kaiba. "Lets get you slowly sat up, so you can drink some of it." She said.

She helped Kaiba slowly sit up, and Ashara helped guid Kaiba's hands, as they were shaking, which made grabbing the tea on his own, a challenge.

Kaiba drank some of the tea, what he could stomach to, anyway, before his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he fell limp, into Ashara's chest.

"Kaiba!" Ashara exclaimed, his worry heavily increased.

"The pain he felt, must have been too much for his body to handle, in his ill state." Meri said, as he gently sat the tea on the nightstand.

"That makes sense." Ashara said. "He screamed in pain, right before you arrived with the tea, and said his head was pounding really bad." He said.

"He'll be out for awhile." Meri said.

"I will be remaining by his side, helping him any way that I can." Ashara stated, determined to help his love.

Meri and Selma smiled, a thankful expression on their faces. "Thank you, Ashara." Selma said.

"You, are someone we can truly trust, to watch over him, and have his best interests, at heart. We never thought Mors was good news, but we didn't know he'd go that far." Meri said.

Ashara scowled, at the mention of Mors. "I hope, you have informed Thanatos, of what Mors has done." He said.

Selma nodded her head. "We did so, after we were dismissed by his grace, after escorting him to his room, after we found him hurt." She confirmed.

"We also took to informing Thanatos that Mors is not allowed here, or anywhere near here. And that should he be caught anywhere near here, the guards have been ordered to bind his magic, with binding magic cuffs, and to take him to the dungeons. Where we are liable to put him on trial, for treason, for attempting to murder, his grace." Meri stated, satisfied by this.

Had they not arrived on the scene when they did, Kaiba could have died, from his injuries not being taken care of immediately.

Ashara nodded at this. "Hopefully, that bastard will stay away. But part of me wishes he'd dare to come around here, just so we can get justice, for what he did to Kaiba. Mors, is far too dangerous to let him live." He said.

"I agree. Kaiba, should be allowed to have justice, for what Mors did to him. And, Mors is indeed very dangerous. Too dangerous, to where he's a threat, simply because he's alive. I don't think I'll ever be able to not feel like Mors will come to finish the job, at any given time. He's proven to be that petty." Selma admitted.

Ashara let out a protective growl. "If he ever shows up around here again. I will personally rip his wings out. And I will personally execute him, right then and there, and send his body back to Thanatos." He said this as a promise.

Meri and Selma nodded their heads, agreeing with this.

"We'll leave you alone, for a bit." Selma said. "We'll be checking up on him soon. Please continue to apply a cold cloth, to his forehead. I'll get you some more cold water." She said.

Ashara nodded his head. "Of course. I'll let you know if anything has gotten worse, and I'll be sure to inform you when he's awakened." He said.

They both nodded their heads, and left the room.

Selma returning with some more cold water.