Chapter 24 : Family Ties ♡

Edward's POV;

I go out of her room and stare at her from the window.

I see how Manjari is crying. I can see how much pain she is hiding. I never wanted to see her cry. But every God dammit time I fail.

Things are very different between both of us.

I never thought she loved someone way before me. Wait... did she love me??? Does she love me now!??

What kind of stupid question is this?? She said she loves me right??.... But.....she also told me that she loved Stefan. And that's why she is crying.

I look at her. She is a a crying mess. She is clutching the book to her heart and she's crying out silently.

She talks to herself and I feel tears in my eyes. She didn't deserve this! Ofcourse she didn't!! She lost her parents and she doesn't know where her aunt is.

The only person she had was STEFAN!!

And she lost him too...

But I promise I'm never gonna leave her side. I'll always take care of her and be her shoulder to cry.

I glance one more time at her and go out.

As I was going, Yadav comes in my way. I look at him and he gestures me to come out.

I listen to him and we both head outside towards my car.

When we reach, he leans towards me and whispers "Sir, I think your father is planning something!! I saw some troops talking to your father"

I quickly look at him. How can I forget about my father. I should've kept an eye on him. But thanks to Yadav. He always helps me in trouble.

I nod my head and pat his shoulder. He just join his hands and goes away.

I need to get into that house and know my father's intentions. I need to know every single thing.

I think again and again. And then my mind strikes with an idea.

I go and sit in the drivers seat and start driving towards the house.

After I reach, I prepare myself, I take a deep breath and come out of the car.

I see the house and I feel tears welling up in my eyes. All the past events strike through my mind but I control my pain and move forward.

I go towards the door and feel nervous.

I don't want to see his face. After whatever he did I didn't wanted to see him at all. How can I face him??!

I raise my hand to knock on the door but before I knock, the door opens and my father appears infront of me.

He sees me through his glasses and glares at me.

I look at him now knowing from where to start.

I then stutter and say "F..aaathe..er.. I.... I... want.... to.. ta...l..k to..oo yo...u.."

My father looks at me and raises an eyebrow and says "I think you told me you don't have a father?? Who are you??"

I give him a defeated look and say "Father... this is not time for sarcasm.. I really want to talk to you..."

My father looks at me intently and nods his head.

He moves aside so that I would enter. He sits opposite to me. And shows his hand to start.

I gulp and say "I want to be one of your troop memeber, i mean i want to join the the Britishe Army"

My father looks shocked at me and says "What??"