Chapter 2: The Attack

~~Johnny's POV~~
"How'd you get that scar?" she asked, hesitating a bit. I think she knew she'd brought up a sore subject.
I had only just met Cass, but I already felt open with her. I let it all out.
"I was walkin' to the park alone last year to look for the football me and the gang play around with-" she cut me off.
"Wait a second, it's not just you, Pony, and Dal? There's a whole group of ya?" she asked.
"Yeah. I'll take you to meet 'em sometime. Anyways, I was trying to look for the football when a blue Mustang pulled up near the open field. It was filled with Socs. I tried to get away, but they had me down in a matter of seconds. I tried to fight 'em off, tried with all my might, but they just wouldn't stop. They beat me to the point where I lie there, thankful that they didn't kill me. I was half alive when the guys found me. Couldn't even speak. Blood was smeared all over the grass, all over my jean jacket, all over my face. I even coughed out blood. One of the guys had a couple 'a rings. They scraped me, and that's how I got this baby. Wasn't too good an experience." I sighed.
I looked directly at her for the first time. She had a half sad-half worried expression on her face. I noticed how beautiful she was for the first time.
"Damn Johnny. That's really tough. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked..."
"No, no. It's fine. It ain't that hard to talk about anymore." I said with a slight grin.
"Hey Cass, how'd you like to come on down to my house? All the guys are there. It'd be the perfect time to introduce you to them." Pony said.
"That sounds like a great idea!" Cass said, excitedly. I could tell she was happy to meet the gang. I was excited for her to meet 'em too. I wondered what they'd think of her.
As we were walking to the Curtis' house, a white Mustang pulled up next to us. Four Socs jumped out. They were drunk, every single one of 'em, includin' the driver. I couldn't believe that they hadn't gotten into an auto accident or somethin'.
"Hey greasers! Who's this cutie?" a chestnut-haired Soc asked. His breath smelled like pure alcohol.
"L-leave us alone." I said.
"Damn, what a beauty." a blonde Soc said. All the Socs whistled.
"Hey hot stuff, wanna come take a ride with us? We could have some fun!" the chestnut-haired Soc said to Cass.
"Leave me alone you creep!" she screamed in self-defense.
"Who's gonna make me, hm? These bums?" he asked. He started to shove Cass and try to get her into the car. Then he held her waist and tried to kiss her right on the lips.
"Leave her alone, or else!" I screamed. I didn't know I had it in me.
"Or else what, you filthy grease!" the blonde Soc replied. I pulled out my switchblade.
"Or else you'll get cut!" I yelled. Pony chased 'em all back to their car. They drove off and we all laughed.
Pony and Cass seemed shocked. Cass could already tell I was shy from the little while I'd known her. It's not that hard to figure out. I walk with my hands in my pockets and stare down at the ground.
"Johnny....I never knew you had that in ya!" said Pony, really shocked.
"Yeah, me either, and I literally just met ya!" said Cass giggling.
"Ain't that hard to figure out I'm normally the shy type. What gave it away, everything?" I asked.
"Pretty much. The way you walk, hands in your pockets, staring down. But I think it's really cute." she blushed.
I blushed too. I'd never gotten a compliment like that before, especially not from a girl.