Chapter 3: Meeting The Gang

~~Johnny's POV~~
I was so excited for Cass to meet the gang. I wondered if the other guys would let her join. We all walked into the Curtis' house one by one. We saw Two-Bit watching Mickey on TV, Steve and Soda arm wrestling, and Darry reading the newspaper. There was no sign of Dally anywhere.
"Guys, there's someone I'd like y'all to meet." Pony said with a smile.
"This is Cassidy Martin, but people call 'er Cass. She's a grease too. We were wondering if, maybe, she could join the gang?" he asked, crossing his fingers and hoping they'd say yes.
"Well she looks like she digs okay. I guess if it's alright with the other guys." Two-Bit said.
All three of the other guys nodded in agreement....but what would Dal think?
Dally hadn't come to the Curtis' at all. I decided that even though I'd just met Cass, I really liked 'er. I wanted to tell her soon, but I wanted to get to know her better.
"Uh, Cass? D-do you, uh, wanna t-take a w-walk with m-me?" I asked hesitantly.
"Sure thing Johnnycake!" she said.
I didn't know if Cass felt the same way about me, but there sure wasn't no harm in tellin' her how I felt. We walked to the park. Cass had forgot to bring some type of jacket, so I took mine off and wrapped it around her shoulders. We really hadn't talked at all on the way there. When we got to the park, we lay down in the grass. I looked into Cass' eyes and she looked into mine. We started to lean towards each other, and soon, we were kissing. It was the best and only kiss I have received. It made me feel like someone loved and cared about me in more than a brotherly way. After a minute or two, we pulled away.
"That was-" I started but Cass cut me off. She probably knew what I was going to say.
"Amazing." she finished.
All of the sudden, we hear the sound of a car pulling up. Great. Probably some damn Socs. I thought. The car stopped and a guy hopped out. One guy! It was a Mustang, but there weren't any other guys in it! A single Soc!
"Well, well, well. What do we have here? Cassidy." the Soc said. He had brown hair and brown eyes and sort of looked like the boy version of Cass.
"Caleb." she said. Her face had no emotion. His had a smirk.
"Who's this?" he asked her, eagerly.
"I'm Johnny Cade. What d'you want from us, anyway?" I asked, a little bit scared.
"Johnny, I woulda told you sooner, but I'm one of three kids. Triplets. This here's my brother Caleb. He chose the upper class Soc lifestyle while my sister Cara and I chose to be greasers. Which I don't regret. I bet Caleb's regretting the day he made his decision right now." Cass said.
"Wait, triplets? Wait, brother? Wait, sister?" I was so shocked. I never really expected this!
"Yeah, yeah," Caleb said, "but I don't act like my sisters. They've made some poor decisions. Hey, sis! Gonna tell your friend Donny or whatever about what happened when mom and dad found out you and Cara wanted to be greasers?" he said, smirking evilly.
"Leave 'er alone! Just because she's your sister don't mean you can push 'er around like that." I said, defending my girl-I don't know. What are we now? Are we boyfriend and girlfriend? Did the kiss mean anything? Where's Cass' sister? There were so many questions up in my brain.
"Whatever, greaser. I would jump you, but you're my own sister. I think it'd be a little....impolite." Caleb said, sneering, and walked away.
"What happened when your parents found out you were becoming a greaser?" I asked. Now it was my turn to bring up a sore subject....