Chapter 21

Alex POV

A few minutes into the flight Mate came and let me out of the cage. I had sniffed around the jet for a while, the whole time Mate was watching me from the front seat. Once I got bored, I went to her and rubbed my head against her. She let out a small chuckle and scratched my head. The man that came with us scratched my back. I had tensed at first but slowly relaxed, reminding myself that he wasn't the man from the past.

N: "Alex why don't you lay down and try to sleep? It will be a couple hours before we get there."

C: "Alex? You named her? I thought you would have let the kids do that?" I looked at the man and huffed. Of course I have a name. I might have to let him see my human form for him to understand. He is helping me after all.

N: "I didn't name her. It's a long story and not my story to tell."

C: "What the hell are you talking about? You know what, never mind. Don't tell me?"

Not wanting to be far from my mate, I laid down next to her between the two seats. She continues to gently scratch behind my ear, which was quickly putting me to sleep. I fought it off as long as i could, but after a few minutes i was out.

Flashback

"Shift Mutt!" I shifted into my oversized wolf form. "Soldier, you will be taking over her training for now on. You will begin now!" Dr. Anderson said to the man with the metal arm. Once the doctor made his way out of the room, the man wasted no time in attacking me. He was too fast, punch after punch landed. Each time he used his metal arm, I could feel a bone break, but couldn't react to it.

"Enough!" Al loud booming voice was heard over the intercom. "Get up, Mutt. You're not done until you fight back!" I tried to get up, but I kept collapsing to the floor. My body is too tired and injured from the amount of damage given to me from years of torture and the beating I just took. I laid on the ground panting and struggling to breathe. No doubt a few ribs were broken. When I didn't make another attempt to get up, I felt a shock run through my body from that damn collar. "I SAID GET UP AND FIGHT!" Once the shocking feeling finally stopped, I forced myself onto my feet. My body kept swaying back and forth like a drunken sailor. Once I finally got my footing, I looked up into the man with the metal arm's eyes. They were cold and heartless.

I could feel this pressure in the back of my head. Like something trying to push its way through my mind, but I couldn't remember what. "AGAIN!" As soon as the order was given, the man attacked again with no mercy. Not wanting to take another beating like I just did and wanting this to end sooner than later, I forced myself to fight back. I snarled and snapped at him, trying to get him to back up. It worked just enough to give me the opening I needed. I ran towards the man and jumped. He tried to block my attack with his arm, but that was exactly what I wanted. I bit down onto his arm and let my momentum take me over his shoulder, flipping him onto his back. Once he was down, I jumped on his back and bit down on his leg, attempting to immobilize him. He yelled out in pain and turned to try to punch me. I quickly got off him, as he struggled to stand up, I lunged at him again, this time aiming for the throat. As I was in midair, with my claws out, teeth bared, I felt that damned shock again. I went from about to make a kill to withering on the ground whining within seconds. "I've seen enough. Take her back to the labs." Two soldiers approached me. I still could not move from the pain. I gave a weak growl, which they only laughed at and dragged me out of the room by the back of my scruff. They slammed me down on the table, which made me whine out in pain again.

"Strap her down." I looked up and Dr. Anderson came in with a man I have never seen before. "Now, little Alex. This is Alexander Pierce. You will do everything he says without question. You put on quite the little show back there, but not good enough. Like I've told you, you will be Hydra's greatest weapon." With that he injected me with something. As if I wasn't in enough pain already, now it felt like every cell in my body was on fire. Once the pain started to fade, so did my consciousness.