Chapter 2

Yesterday, Bella told me that she had a conversation with Edward the day before and everything in the conversation (it was about Alice's Gift and how Carlisle only Turns those close to death) and that he came over before Jake and Billy to invite us to meet the Cullens today so that's where we're on our way to.

...

After ignoring Bella and Edward talking about the house, we've got to the room Carlisle, Emmett, Esme and Rosalie are in. Esme walked over. "Bella, Cassie, we're making Italiano for you."

"Oh," Bella said. She'd eaten before we left but, knowing how Rosalie would react to that, I'd not eaten anything.

"Cool, thanks!" I said. "You didn't have to do that."

"Nonsense," Carlisle said. "You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time."

"Girls, this is Esme and Carlisle," Edward said as he gestured to them. "My parents for all intents and purposes." Emmett waved with a knife in his hand.

"I hope you're hungry," Esme said.

"Very," I said with a grin.

"Yeah," Bella said as she tried to hide that she was lying. Bella's a terrible liar.

"Bella already ate," Edward said and Rosalie looked pissed. Luckily, she put the bowl down instead of breaking it.

"Perfect," she said in anger. The conversation then continued the way it did in the books (with Bella's horrible comment about 'becom[ing] the meal' included), Jasper and Alice showed up and Alice hugged Bella (said the same thing about her smelling good as she did in the books) and then Alice hugged me.

"Jasper," I said after Carlisle mentioned him being the newest to the diet. "I have something that might help with that." I handed him the plain gold Ring that I'd enchanted to ensure Jasper could handle his bloodlust when around Humans (unfortunately it only works when they're not bleeding). "Try this. It should help." Jasper looked at it curiously.

"Well, it couldn't make things worse," he said and he put it on. He then immediately relaxed and looked shocked. "How did you...? It's like you're both not here and I'm just surrounded by other Vampires."

"It'll only work when there aren't any bleeding Humans, and you should probably work on your thirst anyway in case you come across a bleeding Human, but it should help," I said. "I found it in a shop on the Quileute Res. It said on the paper it came with to gift it to a Vampire to help with their thirst so you're safe near them and that it will only work if you don't bleed. I don't know how it was made," I lied. "But, when I found out Vampires are real, I immediately went and bought one as I figured it was worth trying. If Vampires can be real, why not Magical Rings? It was only ten dollars and the shopkeeper said it probably wouldn't work but still... If you all want, I could get you some more?"

"Yes, please," Carlisle said. "They'd be very useful. We'll pay for them and give you a little more for your time."

"That's not necessary," I said.

"I insist," Carlisle said and I just nodded. I'd actually made that Ring and Bella knows it but I had to explain it's existence somehow without telling them what I am. Edward asked Bella and I if we wanted a tour of the house.

"No, thanks," I said at the same time Bella agreed. "Bella'll tell me about it later and you two can spend some time together. I've got some Googling to do about my new bike."

"You haven't even got it yet," Bella groaned. "Now that you can't work at the mechanic's near our place in Arizona, you're going to be insufferable with my truck, your car and that bike, aren't you?" I just grinned at her and she groaned.