𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘪𝘹

( tw: panic attack/asthma attack, police activity, fainting)

the color drained from your face as you reloaded the page multiple times, hoping that it was just a glitch in the website. but nothing changed. enthralled in finding out who this "amelia carter" was, you didn't notice that tammy came back into the living room, asking you questions you didn't register.

"(y/n)?" she softly asks, placing a hand on your shoulder.

your head snaps back to look at her, your face as pale as a ghost, and your hands trembling. "i-i'm sorry, what did you say?" you ask, glancing around the room, with anxiety creeping into your chest.

"i asked if you were okay, sweetheart," tammy repeats, concern riddled all over her face. "which you're obviously not," she states with a frown. "what happened?"

usually, you would keep these things to yourself, but you were super shaken up. especially with the low-grade threat amelia said to you. "i don't think amelia is a social worker," you say, your voice barely above a whisper.

tammy's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "what?"

you hand her the phone. "there's no sign of her anywhere on the internet. not on the official website, social media profiles, or any trace of her."

tammy takes your phone, looking over all the tabs and websites. tammy's expression changes from confusion to concern as she reads the information. her grip on the phone tightens, indicating her growing worry. "this doesn't make any sense," tammy mutters, her voice laced with apprehension. "why would someone pretend to be a cps worker and visit you?"

you shrug helplessly, feeling a mix of fear and frustration. "i don't know. it seemed normal at first, but then the questions got weird and i got uncomfortable." 

you chew on your bottom lip as tammy watched you with furrowed eyebrows. "what type of questions was she asking you?" her voice was stern and firm, but you knew it wasn't because of you. she was being overprotective -- the mother goose.

"she was drilling me about... debbie and the heist." your eyes shoot up to hers. "i didn't say anything about it. i just played dumb, and she called me out for it."

"smart girl," tammy mutters handing you back your phone. "did she leave any contact information? or say anything personal about herself?"

you shake your head, realizing how caught off guard you were, and internally scolded yourself for not gathering as much information as possible about her. "no, she didn't leave a card or anything. she just said that she's gonna come by another time."

tammy's expression hardens. "absolutely not. we're calling the police, i don't care. we can't just sit here like waiting ducks for her to come back."

you nod your head. "but what about debbie and lou? we're the only people here right now." your heart sinks in your chest again. "what if she comes back?"

"she's not going to come back and if she does, we're not letting her in until we have some real answers, okay?" tammy tries to reassure you.

"okay," you whisper. tammy squeezes your arm and hurriedly goes back into the kitchen, grabbing her phone.

sitting on the couch, you anxiously tap your feet and chew on your bottom lip. tammy had told debbie and lou what was happening and they promised they would try and hurry at the bar. something about a busted pipe. debbie demanded hourly check-ins, which you were more than happy to give. the entire situation reminded you so much of what had happened with your mother and matteo. secretive, deceptive, and dangerous. tammy was no idiot and almost instantly picked up on the resurfacing feelings. she hadn't left your side.