Chapter 10

A/N: I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been a bit busy and also lazy... It's been over two months since I last updated and I really apologize for that, but here's a new chapter, I hope you enjoy it.

One last thing, I won't update for a while, 'cause  my exams are coming up, I'm not sure when next I'll update but I'll try to make it soon.. Thanks for sticking around.

#&+)'!*;✓©®✓€[=[€=}\

      I was sitting on a bench opposite the corner store with my earphone plugged in. I was listening to my favorite playlist while munching on some chips I got from the corner store.

I decided to stay out because I didn't want Nelson finding it hard to locate me. The decision I'm already regretting making. I've been sitting under the summer sun for almost ten minutes and it wouldn't take long before I fried up.

I just hope Nelson arrives fast so we can move away from here. Sometimes, I hate how pale my skin is but I definitely do not want to get a sunburn tan.

Just as another song faded into my ears, a black motorcycle roared by and stopped a few feet away from where I sat. The rider turned off the ignition and parked the motorcycle with the kickstand. Still sitting on the bike, the rider pulled off his helmet and black hair came tumbling down. 

Hanging the helmet off the handle of the bike, Nelson got off, stretching a little and then walked over to the bench I was sitting, sending a smile my way.

I smiled back and got up when he got close -like a foot away-  to me, my earphones pulling out of my ears in the process. “Hey”, I said lamely.

His smile seemed to widen as he came to a halt. "Hey", he repeated. But, unlike me, he continued; "You wanna sit here or go somewhere else?"

"Somewhere else, please", I said quickly. Turning to the bench, I picked up my phone wrapping my still connected earphone around it. I did not forget the packet of unfinished chips. While doing that, I heard Nelson chuckle behind me.

"You know you could have just sat on the other bench. It's covered, unlike this one", Nelson stated like it was the most obvious and smartest decision.

I straightened up. I glanced ahead at the bench he was talking about and it was actually covered.  I huge tree was behind it whose branch made shed for the bench. It was just a few feet away from where Nelson parked his bike. "Yeah, whatever" I mumbled.
I knew very well that he was right but I wasn't going to admit it, never.

I was already walking to the bench when I heard Nel chuckle behind me. I rolled my eyes but somehow a smile managed to sneak up my face almost taking a permanent residence on my lips.

I got to the bench before Nel. I just plopped myself on it and waited for Nel to show up. After a few seconds, he got to me and plopped down beside me.

We sat in silence for a while. The only sound heard being the crumpling of the packet of chips and the crunching of the chips as they made hard contact with my teeth.

Nelson finally decided to break the silence. Apparently, he had something to say or maybe he was just tired of listening to the unintentional sounds I made while trying to eat some weirdly cut fried potatoes. "So, you said you wanted to talk to me about something?". It wasn't much of a question, more like a statement.

I let a few seconds pass before answering. "Yeah, but I don't want you to get mad-"
He cut me off with a sigh, which meant he already knew about what I was gonna ask. We sat in awkward silence for a while. I was playing with my fingers while he was fiddling with a bunch of keys while staring ahead.

He sighed a second time, pushed the keys into his pants pocket and slapped his palms on his thighs lightly and said, "What is it you wanna talk about?"

#&)©✓©{¥$}[√=€\₦+°|{|

Sorry again for the late update guys, I really do hope you enjoyed this one. Do forget to vote, comment and share..

Have a good day or night..
Sayke <3