Crush Part 1- Riley Herbst

She came with the Harvicks. She usually stayed home, but he knew that Elle always loved Talladega. Even if it messed with her nerves. Having her there put all kinds of pressure on Riley to perform as well. He wanted to do well with her there. Maybe she'll actually pay attention to him. He knew she was off-limits though, being his boss's daughter. Elle Stewart was the object of his affection, even if she barely knew he existed. Riley kept tabs of where she was Friday, hoping to run into her or at least catch a glimpse of her. Riley headed for the garage, where he was going to watch the truck race from on top of the 36 hauler. He didn't want to be too far away before Cup qualifying, which was almost immediately after the race. When he was almost to the hauler, Riley saw her standing with Kevin. He couldn't help but stare at her. Elle's high waisted shorts hugged her hips and upper thighs perfectly and the blue crop top she had on stop just above the hem of her shorts. Blue was now his favorite color.
"Riley!" Kevin caught sight of his young SHR teammate/KHI Management driver. "Come here." Riley was hesitant, but did what he was told. "What are you doing in the garage early?" Kevin asked.
"Going to watch the truck race from the top of the hauler before qualifying. You doing the same?"
"No, I'm taking Elle and Sass to get something to eat before qualifying. Do you want to join?" His brain was screaming to say yes.
"I'm good. I had a sandwich. And I'll probably grab a snack or two from the hauler. Thanks though."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, I'm sure. Have a good time." Kevin turned to Elle.
"You want to go get Piper from MRO? I'll meet you over there."
"I can do that. See you later, Riley."
"Yeah." Riley watched as she walked away, her pony tail swaying from side to side. Just like her hips.
"Does Tony know you have a crush on his daughter?" Riley quickly looked back at Kevin.
"Uh, what?"
"You. Have. A. Crush. On. Elle." Riley let out a nervous laugh.
"I don't know what you're talking about." Kevin rolled his eye.
"It's so painfully obvious. I mean, you just stared mindlessly as she walked away."
"No, I didn't."
"I may be old, but I'm not stupid. And I'm not blind. There are rules to be followed and..."
"Tony would kill me if he found out."
"Bingo. I'm not telling you what to do, but..." Kevin trailed off as he walked away. Riley headed to his 36 hauler to watch the truck race. Kevin's word laid heavily on him. Should he make a move? How mad would Tony be if he found out that Riley asked out his daughter? Would she say yes? Would she say no? So many questions and what if's were swirling around in Riley's head made it almost impossible for him to focus on the truck race. Riley willed himself to watch the end of the truck race before it was time for him get ready for qualifying. Riley spotted Kevin and Elle walking back into the garage area.
"Hey, Riley! Ready for qualifying?" Elle asked, catching Riley's attention.
"Uh, yeah."
"Are you okay?" She asked, reaching out to touch his arm. Riley jumped.
"I'm fine. Really. I'm going to find my team." Riley said before practically running away. Elle turned to Kevin.
"Did I do something?"
"You really don't want to know."
"I honestly kind of do now." Kevin and Elle went their separate ways, Kevin towards pit road and Elle towards Kevin's hauler to watch qualifying. Kevin found Riley standing with the 36 crew. "Are you stupid?"
"Excuse me?" Riley asked, turning towards his older teammate.
"Just do it. If Tony tries to kill you, I'll tell him it was my idea."
"Kevin..."
"Seriously. Just do it. I will not be responsible for your heart breaking because she rejects you."
"Thanks, I guess." Kevin walked away, leaving Riley to his thoughts once again. Riley went out early in qualifying, setting a fairly quick time  making the final round. At the end, Riley qualified 6th for the Cup race. He felt pretty good about it, giving him the confidence he needed. Riley found Elle talking with Kevin and Rodney by Kevin's hauler. Riley took a deep breath and headed over.
"Great job, Riley!" Elle said, enthusiastically.
"Uh, thanks, Elle."
"Did I do something?" She asked. Kevin and Rodney looked at each other before walking away.
"What do you mean?"
"You jump when I touched your arm and you act weird when I talk to you. So, I'm wondering what I did."
"You did nothing. Do you want to walk the Boulevard with me?" Riley asked, surprised by his confidence.
"Um, yeah. I'll meet you in an hour?" Riley could only nod. "I'll see you in an hour." Elle walk off and Riley let out of the breath he had been holding in.
"Holy shit, you did it." Kevin came back over by the young driver.
"I didn't exactly tell her my feelings, but this is a start." Kevin put a hand on Riley's shoulder.
"Good luck kid." Riley headed to the hauler to change. He didn't have his own bus yet, but hopefully soon. Riley changed out of his firesuit and into his street clothes. He sat in the hauler for an ungodly amount of time before heading towards the coach lot. Riley found Elle outside the Harvick's hauler. She changed out of the shorts and t-shirt into a knee-length polka dot sundress.
"Ready?" He asked. She turned to him with a smile. Riley about melted into a puddle in front of her. They walked side-by-side towards the Boulevard. "Have you ever walked the Boulevard here before?"
"Dad never let me. Considering everything that goes on here. He always wanted to shelter his only child."
"Well, he's not here, so..." Riley held out his hand. To his surprise, Elle took it.
"This place has always been my favorite."
"Besides the wrecks?"
"Besides the wrecks. The atmosphere has always been electric. Like nowhere I've ever been. Where's your favorite?"
"Obviously my home track. But this place is pretty high on the list. Definitely at the top for most entertaining." Riley said as they did some people watching.
"Is there a reason why you asked me to walk the Boulevard with you?"
"You didn't think I just asked you to ask?"
"Riley, I've known you for years. You've been driving for my dad for three seasons now. What is going on?" Riley led her towards an empty picnic table. "Please tell me, Riley."
"I like you, Elle."
"Oh." Elle looked away from him.
"I've wanted you to pay attention to me, know that I exist and..."
"I do know that you exist, Riley."
"You don't understand, Elle."
"You have a crush on me, Riley. I know."
"Will you..." Elle got up off the picnic table.
"I don't date racecar drivers, Riley. Especially ones my dad employs."
"What can I do to get one chance?"
"Riley..."
"Please, I'm practically begging. One date. That's all I ask. What can I do?"
"Win a race." Elle said the first thing that popped into her head.
"Elle..."
"Win the race at your home track. Win and I'll go on one date with you."
"Okay, deal. Not only will I win the race, I'll lead the most laps. Completely whip the field."
"Don't get ahead of yourself."
"Just trying to be confident. So, we have an official deal?"
"We do." Elle held out her hand. Riley wanted so much to kiss her, but he didn't want to press the issue. He took her hand in his. "Let's see what Las Vegas brings us."