2: THE START OF THE END

.

.

.

"Hey! Wake up."

As soon as he heard your voice calling out to him, he pried open his eyes to see you in a flustered state. Once you see him awake, you grab his arm and pulled him quickly, he was suprised. Your touch had always been gentle, but this time it is harsh and frantic.

"Come on. There's people, i'm scared.." you mumble and dragged him far away from your usual spot as beads of sweat appeared on your face.  You passed through thick trees and crashed through pebbles and grass that served nothing but as a nuisance to you.

You hated this.

When you awoke at the sound of heavy footsteps, hushed whispers of armed men you were quickly terrified. The mere thought of your safe haven being crushed by them brought nothing but hatred that settled in your blood.

Maybe it was the effect of the prolonged isolation that you both experienced, maybe it was the twisted infatuation that you have over this grime situation that served nothing but a traumatic experience for the both of you. Yet the mere thought of being the only two, and the thought of having someone completely depend on you was too sweet to ignore.

You tried not to reminiscence at the familiar scenery that brought memories of the past few days with him.

The specific river where you both hunted for fish, the tree where you both had always rested under, and the grassland where you found him.

It was all such a sweet memory for you, to experience a bond that was formed so deeply in a matter of such a short time was something you had never expected to experience after the supposed tragedy that was your 'death'.
Now in moments like this, it didn't make sense at all, how you're able to continue on living with a healthy body with no signs of the incident in the past, or how you opened your eyes to find yourself in the remains of what's supposed to be a plane crash.

To you, this didn't seem like purgatory anymore.

It was more of a second chance of living, a reincarnation.

Alas, you had no time to think before you hid under the roots of a big tree where you both had played hide and seek in before, shushing him up as you shakily covered your mouth to keep quiet.  It was quiet in midday, the only sound you could hear was the sound of crickets and the wind blowing the leaves.

You didn't realize that your mind has now entered a different state from reality,

"It-it would be okay.. it would be fine.." you comforted him, yet it sounded more like you're comforting yourself. You're on the verge of tears, but you didn't even know it.