Chapter 3: Growing Conscious of You

"Here are your Fontainian Foie Gras and Crepes Suzette, accompanied by a pair of Fonta. Espresso will be served after your meal," declared the maître, gracefully serving the meal we ordered, placing the dish at the table. "Bon appétit."

For a brief moment, I gazed upon my meal and muttered, giving my gratitude to Lady Tsaritsa. I then turned my eyes and asked,

"Shall we?"

Which she replied, "Sure."

I eat my meal as if a matter of fact without enjoying its taste. I never do care for as long as I gain energy for today. It's always been like this, bland and monotone, yet I don't harbor any genuine dislike for it. I accept it as it is, content with what I have. However, I still do question myself from time to time whether what I was doing were the right one. I believe the answer I seek is rather subjective so I choose not to pursue further.

"Shall you not indulge in delights of your meal?" inquired Ms. Clorinde, as she delicately conveyed a fork laden with crepe to her lips.

"Should I?" Tilting my head in confusion. "Foods are meant to be consumable energy, wrong?"

Perplexed by my pragmatic stance, she replied. "Ah, I see. Well, each had their own perspective when it comes to dining preference."

Disappointment could be peered behind her cold gaze, but I opted to maintain silent. I'm not paid enough to please her. Preceding our meal, I couldn't help myself but to observe her intently, unable to tear my gaze away. In each bite, Ms. Clorinde fell into bliss, drifting into a state of contentment, masking off stoicism and changing it into a rather more innocent one. Her subtle smile and sparkling eyes, combined with the way she cuffed her rosy cheeks made her look so adorable.

Her eyes were framed by a fringe of long, fluttering eyelashes, casting delicate shadows against her light skin. With a subtle flush of color, her soft and inviting lips, beckoned with a touch of warmth, wore a gentle, rosy hue, reminiscent of the first blush of dawn painting the sky, making her utterly charming. Her elegant poise and refined movements lent her a mature allure that befitted her age, rendering her appearance all the more resplendent.

 Her elegant poise and refined movements lent her a mature allure that befitted her age, rendering her appearance all the more resplendent

I shook my head in a gesture of restraint, trying to suppress the surge of emotions stirring within the depths of my chest. Looking at her enjoying meal, I questioned myself once again whether what I was doing were the right one. I took a spoonful and embrace a delightful taste, uttering,

"Maybe it's not that bad to open myself from time to time."

*****

According to the Monsieur yesterday, we might obtain some leads pertaining to the case in Poisson. Rumors said there was a shadow lurking around the darkness as of late, coinciding with the recent increase of missing person reports. Nicht and I are on our way to meet Navia.

Since we sent an early notice of arrival, we were met by a guide attired in a white shirt, complemented by a dark blue tie, a charcoal suit jacket, black trousers, white socks, and black footwear.