Chapter 4

Harper's POV

Harper's POV

Opening my eyes the morning light sieved through the curtains, illuminating the serene smile on my face as I found myself wrapped in Ethan's warm embrace.

His soft greeting, "Good morning, Sweetheart," with his husky voice roused me from my slumber.

Still groggy with sleep and nowhere near sexy as his, I replied, "Good morning."

Curious of the time I asked, "what time is it?"

"It's 10:15 AM," he informed me.

I wondered why he hadn't woken me earlier but before I could even ask, he said

"I saw you resting so peacefully, I couldn't bear to disturb you. So, I thought it would be best to let you enjoy a little more sleep."

Ethan's thoughtfulness to let me sleep rather than waking me early, warmed my heart deeply.

***

"What time did you get home?" I tried to stay awake for you but ended up falling asleep around midnight.

"I got back around 2 AM," he replied.

The revelation of his late return last night did little to dampen my mood this morning. "Is everything ready for the launch next week?" I inquired.

"I think so," he said, a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"You're going to do great." I'm sure of it. I believed in him and the success that awaited his hard work.

"Thank you," he said, leaning in for a kiss.

***

Ethan's declaration of this weekend being all about us, no work involved, lifted my spirits even more, especially since it had been ages since we last enjoyed each other's company without the intrusion of work.

"Get ready; I have a surprise in store for you," he teased.

"Really?" I couldn't help but beam with excitement.

"Yes, how about we start with taking a shower together?" He proposed, his wink hinting at more than just cleansing.

What was intended as a quick shower turned into a moment of closeness, our bodies entwined in the warmth and steam as we got lost in each other's embrace. Eventually, we managed to step out of the shower, basking in the afterglow of our shared passion. I moved on to style my hair, while Ethan went off to get ready.

***

Having no clue as to what Ethan's surprise entailed, I wore black linen shorts paired with a cream off-the-shoulder floral corset blouse. Nude heels, my black YSL wallet bag, and a fedora completed the ensemble. Feeling both prepared and thrilled, I headed downstairs to find Ethan looking exceptionally sharp in white chino shorts, a blue linen shirt, blue loafers, and his signature aviators.

"You look incredible," he complimented, as he graciously opened the passenger door of his sleek blue Lucid Air for me.

"Thanks, Babe," I responded, joyfully.

"My pleasure," he returned with a smile.

As we set off, our drive was filled with easy conversation and the background hum of music. In those moments, enwrapped in the comfort of Ethan's presence, I found a great sense of peace.

________

❤️ Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️