The Sight of Change.

Cerberus P.O.V
She looked at her sister, then back at us. She then softly sighed and slowly got up from her bed.

I quickly noticed her tiptoeing away from the bed and towards the door. My had its ears perked up as it looked at her closely. Our grip around her became tense again as she tried to leave. But  I didn't want her to go. I didn't understand why she suddenly got up to leave. I tried to speak to her gently, preventing her from leaving.

She turned back at us and silenced us...watching her sister not have her wake up. Yet she motioned us to follow her.

She slowly opened the door. Glancing back to make sure her sister was still sleeping. I sighed in relief, seeing that she was still sleeping. "Good, look, I'm going outside for a bit. You can't stay here without me, so I'm having you come with me." She softly whispered to us. We walked outside the room, closing the door to her chambers.

I followed her lead as she slowly walked outside the room. My grip on her had slowly loosened as we stepped outside the room. She closed the doors to her chambers. We had strongly assumed, for some reason, that she was protecting her sister from something she had suspected on the outside. But we didn't like being unable to keep an eye on her. We quietly followed her as we carefully left the room.

~~~~

I sighed, turning to them and my back against the door to my bedroom. "There's something I want to do for her, but there's something I need to do for myself. Please follow me into the forest behind the kingdom. There's a path there. I left some things behind a big oak tree years ago before I initially left. Are you willing to take that little trip with me?" I looked and waited for an answer.

Cerberus slowly nodded. It spoke to me with a gentle voice, "We are at your beck and call." Its eyes softened when I mentioned returning to the forest, to the same tree I had left years ago. Cerberus's body shifted increasingly, and its three heads kept nodding. A slight smirk flashed briefly on Cerberus's lips as it waited for me to lead the way to the forest.

I softly smiled, glad it would always be there for me. I transformed into my demon hound form. "Good, we must get past the Guards that walk around at night. They usually stay in the main hall. There is a secret passageway I know we can take that gets us to the back of the kingdom."

Cerberus's body immediately got into a defensive stance. Its muscles tensed, and its body got ready for anything that would appear. Its tail flicked with determination. Cerberus's ears perked up when I mentioned that I knew of a secret passageway. He listened carefully to my following command.

I walked down the hall and came to the stairs that led to the Main hall. There were five guards there, and I looked back at Cerberus. Looking back at the guards, I looked all over from one end to the other and noticed the door leading to the passageway to the back of the kingdom. I looked back at Cerberus and pointed to it. I softly whispered.

Cerberus quietly followed me, paying close attention to my every movement. When I pointed to the passageway, its pupils shrank as if they had been trying to understand what I was pointing at. It gave a soft nod, trying not to let the guards know where we were. Then, it looked at me and raised an eyebrow, silently asking me what our next move was.

"We have to go through the door. It'll lead us into the passage that brings us to the back of the kingdom. Remember, we have to stay quiet if we make any noise. My father would have the guards on my back 24/7."