037.

"SATORU." YOU SAID, catching his attention. Like a dog being called its name, he shot up, eyes wide as he smiled at you. "I'm going to go talk to Kenji, alone. I'll be right back." You told him sternly.

It was after practice, and everybody was getting ready to go change and head home. Satoru's smiled faltered just a bit, attentive. "Why?" He asked slowly. You laughed softly, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

He winked softly as you did so, waiting for an answer. "Go ahead and change." You turned and exited the gym, and Satoru, being obedient, didn't follow you.

Kenji was at the vending machines, buying a drink. Your smile immediately turned sour upon seeing him.

"Kenji." You called, voice stern. It would take an idiot not to notice you were furious. He must've been one (and you wouldn't question it), but he smiled when he saw you. You couldn't help but scream fuck you in your head.

He watched you with a grin as you approached him, seemingly ignoring your angered state. "I was looking for you, too."

You twisted your face. "You were?" He smiled and nodded. He toyed with the bottle in his hands. "I don't know why you're with him." He said quietly. Immediately, you let out the most dramatic scoff you could manage.

"Excuse me?" You were way past offended. He looked at you, eyes determined. "I heard about your fight with him. He treated you like shit!" He protested, and you nodded.

"Oh, and what, you want me to bat my eyelashes and thank you for being an asshole to him in my stead?" His face burned red in embarrassment that you knew. Of course you knew. He an idiot for thinking you wouldn't find out. "I was just trying to help you out."

"Bullshit! Whatever you said to him hurt him. It wasn't for me." You were raising your voice. "And that thing about winning the tournament for me? I don't need you to do anything for me! You're not my boyfriend."

"I never thought of myself as your boyfriend, manager. I know you already have one." He raised his arms in surrender, murmuring. "You sure act like I don't have one, flirting with me every second you get."

His eyes widened, like he's been caught in a crime. You dropped your hands to your sides. "Yeah, I know you like me." You mumbled. He breathed out, squeezing the bottle in his hands. "How long have you known?"

Is he deadass?

"Who cares? Do you think I'd choose you over Satoru? After you degraded him and flirted with me, knowing I have a boyfriend?"

He was gagged. Never did you imagine a fifteen year old getting under your skin like this. "Let me be real clear about this. I don't like you. I will never like you. I like Satoru. Better yet, he likes me. And nothing you say or do will break us up, so leave us alone." You pushed your fingers against his chest, and he backed away.

He stuttered, trying to find the words. "I wasn't trying to-"

This kid can't take a fucking hint.

"Oh, shut up." You were sick and tired of his excuses. Kenji got the message, because he dropped his act. As if he did a 180, his mood changed. "What is he, your dog?"

You wanted to rip the hair out of your scalps. He was the problem with humanity. "Don't piss me off." You said, pointing your finger at him. "I mean, all he does in wag his tail and hope you show him attention! That's what he does all practice!"

You took a step forward, seriously, you were ten seconds away from beating the living shit out of him. "Woah, woah." You felt arms wrap around your waist, pulling you back. Satoru's deep laugh entered your ears.

"Take a breath. Don't kill him." He joked, getting in front of you so you could see his face. What? Why was he here?

He turned to face Kenji, hiding you behind his back. "Go home." His voice dropped an octave. The first head hesitated, glancing at you, but let out a sigh and slipped past the two of you, heading towards the club room to change.

Satoru eyed him the whole way, watching as he made his way away from the two of you. Your heart was pounding in your ears. Shit, you thought. How much of that did he hear?

Satoru faced you again, his usual smile that you loved showing itself to you. "Have I ever told you that you're cute when you're serious?" You dropped your shoulders, letting out a sigh as you looked up at him.

"Satoru, I-" You were cut off from the very long speech you were about to give when his lips found yours, shutting you up.

His arms pulled you in by the waist, his hands intertwined behind you. He craned his neck to kiss you, and you hadn't realized how much you missed this.

His nose pushed against yours, and you could feel him smiling against yours lips. What was he so happy about?

If you had caught Satoru about to square up on Airi, you don't know if you'd be this happy. Yeah, you hated her, but happy? Flip a coin.

You parted the kiss to take a breath, and you looked up at him with confusion laced in your eyes. "I wasn't eavesdropping, by the way. I was just, waiting on the other side of the door, but you started yelling." He explained. You raised an eyebrow.

"So you didn't hear anything?" He shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't say that."

Embarrassed, you stretched out a groan, hiding your face in your hands. Having your boyfriend find you going batshit crazy while defending him isn't something you usually want him to witness.

"Hey." He called, cupping the side of your face with his hand, making you look at him. Your eyes met his, and damn, he fell in love all over again.

What was he about to say? Because he forgot, leaning down to kiss you once more. Your hands gently gripped at his wrists, sharing his heated emotions.

He parted the kiss, but his lips quickly found its place back on you as he trailed peppered kisses along your jaw. "Thank you." He mumbled against your skin.

A/N Shitty chapter tbh

QOTD: The most romantic thing you've experienced?

A: I cut my finger open using a wood cutter at school during art class and I was holding my band aid and my crush passed by so I was like "lol bro look" TELL ME WHY HE DIDNT EVEN SAY A WORD HE TOOK THE BAND AID OUT OF MY HAND AND PUT IT ON MY FINGER FOR ME saying shit like "Be more careful"

Literally was about to start doing backflips bruh omfg 🤦‍♀️ this was literally like three years ago tho LOL plus I got rejected so fuck you