Chapter 2: A midnight walk

(Chan's POV)

As scheduled, we practiced all morning and performanced live infront a bunch of people in the night the next day. At the end of the performance, I felt my feet shake, struggling to support my weight.

I noticed my baby, Felix, shaking too, it gave me deja vu. It reminded me of the time Jeongin collapsed on stage. I was watching Felix carefully. I watched him like he was going to explode if I blinked.

As soon as the lights went off, he collapsed but thankfully I caught him before he could even touch the ground. Changbin probably noticed me being weak, and knew I might give in.

He helped me hold Felix. I was utterly grateful to him, I nearly teared up. Perhaps it was just the stress catching up. I blinked the tears away and tried to lift felix but my hands wouldn't co-operate.

Changbin put Felix over his shoulder and took him backstage. I felt pity, Changbin was a kid too, he was probably tired too, and yet he has to do this because his hyung is too weak.

We layed Felix down as the staff wiped out sweat off and tended to Felix. Everyone was breathing heavily and everyone was worried and anxious for Felix.

Han noticed the dense atmosphere and being one of the sunshine twins, he poked Felix's cheeks and made jokes about how cute he looked, and make jokes about how Lee Know looked like "a furless bunny".

We laughed and Felix, who awoke, also giggled. I sat next to Felix and asked, "how're you feeling?"
"Tired," he said, leaning his head on my shoulder.

Seeing him, Han came and leaned on my other shoulder. Hyunjin sat on the floor in front of me and leaned his head on my lap, and Jeongin did the same, facing hyunjin.

I pet all of their heads and Lee Know pulled out his phone to film it. I knew it then, these are my kids. The only reason they're still smiling is because they know I'm their protector.

If I get sad, they will break. So if not for me, atleast for them, I had to be strong and force a large smile. We reached our dorm and again, everyone popped themselves on their beds.

It was nighttime anyway, so I got everyone to change into their pajamas. Everyone changed, brushed their teeth, and fell asleep. I made sure everyone was asleep and cozy and then made my way to Changbin's room.

I had a feeling he wouldn't sleep if I didn't get him to. I was disappointed to be right. I saw him writing at his desk again. He closed his notebook hearing my footsteps.

I hugged him from the back and said, "binnie, isn't it late now? And aren't you tired? Why can't you sleep?"
He shook my hands off of him, and said, "it's not that I can't sleep, I'm choosing not to," as he got up and walked to his bed.

"Why would you force yourself to stay awake?" I asked him.
"I don't want to sleep without you, It feels wrong to sleep while you stay awake," he said, lying down resting his head on my lap.

"I do sleep!" I said, freaking out internally.
"Stop lying! If you really do sleep then sleep next to me today," He said getting comfortable. I smiled. That was a very easy way to get changbin to sleep.

I bought my blanket and pillow to his room and slept next to him. He cuddled me to sleep, and I knew that was his way of making sure that I don't get up. Changbin is not a very cuddly person when it comes to sleeping, he likes his space.

Once he was asleep enough, he let go of me and scooted a little away from me. I gently got up, making sure I made no noise what so ever. I went to my own room, and sat on the bed, processing my thoughts.

I layed down trying to fall asleep, but it didn't work. I took out the diary, and tried to write down what I thought. But my hand was too tired to write. I stretched a bit, and drank some water.

I washed my face but it only made me more awake. I had an idea. Perhaps going on a walk on my own will clear my mind. Just walking around on the streets. I did my hair, and changed.

I wore all black full pants, and a black t shirt. I wore a black hat and mask. Hopefully people will not think of me as a kidnapper or thief. I changed from black pants to grey pants hoping to look less like the night itself.

I checked on everyone to make sure they were asleep. I would come back before sunrise, they wouldn't even know I went somewhere. I quietly slipped out of the dorm.

I walked out of the gates, and onto the street. Of course I took my phone with me. I made sure to take spare keys, and lock the door to the dorm properly. I walked as I looked around at the desolated streets.

I stared at the dimly lit streetlights, the dark, black night sky, and felt comfortable. This made me feel some inner peace, a quiet dark place in the open air with not much to see, but a lot to feel.

I was walking whereever my feet took me. It didn't matter how far I went, or where I went. I just kept walking through the night. My exhaustion was not being felt by my legs.

--------------💖💫💚-------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3