Chapter 4: my gaurdian angel?

(Evangeline's POV)

I started panicking. The driver was starting to speed up the car, so following my reflex, I unlocked the door and before he could lock it again, I opened it and rolled out.

Of course escaping a moving, speeding car is painful, but I couldn't risk it, I'd rather die getting run over by a car and having my dignity stolen. I got up and felt sharp pain in my limbs.

I ignored the pain and ran for my life. The car turned around and drove behind me, I started running on the footpath so that it'll be slightly harder for him to get me.

I ran for what felt like hours. I was getting breathless, when I saw a silhouette in the distance. After getting closer I realised, it was Christopher!

It felt as if I had found god in the pits of hell, I ran upto him and pulled him into a hug.

-_-_-_-_-

(Chan's POV)

I was walking, and I wasn't that far from my home anymore. I was thinking about what I would tell changbin if he was awake. Suddenly, someone put their hand on my shoulder and I turned to see who it was.

As soon as I turned around, that someone hugged me tight, I was about to push her off thinking it might be a crazy fan, but I realised it was Evangeline.

I looked at her hands and saw wounds and scratches, and she was breathing heavily. I sighed and hugged her back, and when I looked past her, I saw the cab turn and drive away.

My thoughts spiraled, all the negetive possibilities of what might've happened to her popped into my mind. I nearly cried, I should've been more careful. How dare I put someone's life in such grave danger?

She let me go and said, "oh thank God I found you Chris, I thought I might die tonight!"
"Don't say that! What happened?!" I asked, frantically. I felt my heart pacing because of guilt.

She explained what happened in detail, and the more she said, the wider my eyes opened in shock. When she got to the part where she rolled out onto the road from a moving vehicle I almost screamed.

When she was done, she was panting as I internalised the fact that, if only my intuition was better in that moment, I could've stopped her from this horror. The sky was no longer black, but was fading into blue for it was almost time for sunrise.

I had made up my mind, I was going to drop her home right then and there. I was going to walk her to her doorstep, I owe her that much for causing her so much trouble. I slowly said, "I'm sorry for what happened".

"Huh? What happened?" She said, looking around. I stared at her with disbelief.
"The whole, cab driver incident," I said.
"Oh that, why are you sorry dude?" She said, patting my shoulder.

"Because it's kind of my fault?" I said, getting kind of confused.
"Is this how smart people think? How is it your fault! Thank God I'm stupid, I know I'll never follow this logic," She said, laughing.

"Who said you were stupid?" I asked.
"Everyone, some our of love, some out of spite, but I don't care, I'm proud of my stupidity!" She answered.
I was about to say something in reply to that but scratched the thought.

"I want to drop you home, to your doorstep, I have to make up for my mistake, I don't care if you don't see it as a mistake," I said, sternly.
She looked at me and smiled, "are you actually my gaurdian angel?!"

I broke into laughter, "what?!" I said, laughing.
"Only those help people without wanting anything in return!" She said. She looked pleased to have made me laugh.

"So it's confirmed then? I'm coming with you?" I asked, to make sure.
She smiled, turned and waved her hand and said, "let's go then!"
And I chuckled as I followed her.

Suddenly the thought of changbin and the others struck me. I immediately took my phone out and opened my chats to see 50 unread messages and 15 missed calls.

I opened the group chat, and typed, "guys, don't worry about me, I'm safe, I decided to go on a little trip by myself, trust me, I'll be back veryyyy soon, safely. Love, Chan," and sent it.

I turned off all my notifications and closed the chats. I booked a cab for both me and Evangeline, and we waited for it together.

-_-_-_-_-

(Evangeline's POV)

As we waited for the cab, he stood next to me, his jacket draped on his arm and the faded coffee stain on his shirt. I looked at his face and realised, he was actually a really handsome guy.

The height difference was not bad either, I came upto his jaw. Just as I was starting to realise how fine the man standing next to me was, I realised, there is no way this man is single, I mean c'mon!

I thought about it, and suddenly felt mad, if he did have a girlfriend, why did me let me hug him? And if he's too nice to push me away, or was just too shocked to, why does he want to drop me now? Isn't this cheating.

Of course pretty people are always cheaters!

-_-_-_-_-

(Chan's POV)

I was standing next to her, occasionally looking at the road, and her, but mostly at the map on the cab app that tracked how far the cab was.

I looked at her again and was taken aback by the look she was giving me, she looked like an angry duckling! I couldn't help but chuckle, and when she went 'what are you laughing at!" I couldn't hold it in.

I burst out laughing and tried to apologise for my rudeness while still laughing.

------------------💕💕💕-----------------

To be continued. . .

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story<3

Again, sorry for the late update! school work! I hate it!