16: Sinner

"You have me until every last start in the galaxy dies, you have me."

∾⋒∾

Adam has a meeting with the head of the village in case of the construction of the hospital. Regarding funding and faculty members.

"I am thankful that people like you think about people like us. Because of you, our village is progressing. We have the resources to handle the emergencies within the area." The head said with a big grin.

"You don't need to thank me. Allah provided me with things, and I am helping the much I could do. By the way, thank you for having me. I should go now. I will try to make a trip before the flood season. Inshallah." He stands up and shakes hands with the head.

"Yes, why not. I will be honourable to have you again." They were exiting the mansion when a man came running.

"SHAH GE, SHAH GE,.... " Gurdes, stop him for the safety purpose.

"Let him." Shah ge said strident voice. They let him go on his command.

"What happened? Why are you looking so pale?" Head said with an irked expression.

" Shah ge, that Karim, .... his daughter.. his.." He was out of breath due to running.

"Who Karim?......The one who owns the dairy farm. Right! What about his daughter?"

"She.... she brought misfortune on the whole village. She did something that no one ever did. I am so ashamed that I can't form words to say that..... Ya, Allah saves us from destruction. We all are doomed. That girl has ruined our reputation."

"Okay, go and call Karim. We will talk about this." Shah ge said, glaring at the man. He doesn't want to ruin the reputation of the area in front of an outsider.

"He is coming,.... with his family and other villagers." Adam was witnessing everything that was happening there. Is he going to see a girl being punished the way he just heard? Are these people this cruel in reality?

In no time, Karim and other men of his family were there. Karim wasn't able to raise his head due to embarrassment. The one her daughter brings down on him.

"What happened, Karim? What is this all fuss about?" The head took his seat on the lawn and asked Adam to sit on one of them. All the other villagers sit on the ground in front of them.

"What should I say, Shah Ge? I don't have words to describe my discomposur. That girl has drowned me in the puddle of shame. I am asking for forgiveness. You can do whatever you want to do with her. I won't raise a single question." He was crying. What sort of father he was. Giving the strings of his daughter's life in the hands of some stupid uneducated people. Who make harsh decisions to satisfy their egos, nothing else. Whatever she has done, no one should have the right to decide whether she is pious or not.

"Okay, tell me what happened, so we can decide what to do. I have a guest to see off." Shah ge said, referring to Adam sitting beside him. The person spoke from the crowd, the one who came with the news.

" Shah ge you know he sends his daughter to study out of the city. Even after so many of us stop him. I don't know what he wants to show to all of us, that we are just a bunch of idiots who are not aware of society or haven't seen anything in our lives. Now, he is facing conciseness." So, are they making a fuss about such a small thing? If yes, then they are a bunch of idiots.