The short way

16th Century:
21st December 1526

In the darkness of night, the moon disappears in the clouds.
A man tries to reach his home fast but there is a long way to go.
Suddenly he saw something strange, as he moves forward to look.
He got shocked by seeing that scene.........

In the morning, at the courtyard
The ministers and  advisors are sitting in the courtyard waiting for the king to come. 

The Town Crier announces: The great and honourable king Mr. Chiranjeev is coming.

    Everyone stands and greets him

The king with the sword in his hand,
His eyes are sharp as an eagle, his clothes are made of fine silk and coloured with red and black. As he looks towards his throne that is fabricated with gems and the silk cushion that makes it look so comfortable.

The king went to his throne, after that a man came to his court who looks very scared.
That man said that : My lord, help, help, help, help.............
           ( And got fainted there )
After sometime he wakes up, all eyes are upon him and eagerly waiting for him to speak something.

The king said to him: You seems to be so scared, what happened???
He replied: My lord, yesterday when I was heading to home late at night
I decided to take the short way so that  I can reach home timely, but this was my mistake. I went the way through that old haveli and after few minutes I saw something strange when I moved forward to take a look there.... there.... was a de.....de......dead body.
I was very scared and got displaced
and stepped on a stone. The stone moves a little and then................. I sa..saw....
         (Everyone was listening
            holding their breath)
Then a courtier said: What happened after that tell us....
(In a frightened way) He replied:
After that a secret underground room was opened and there was so many dead bodies of people buried there.

           (Everyone was shocked)
One of the courtier said: Did you told this to anyone else.
He replied: No, when I saw that I was so horrified and got unconscious there. When I got conscious it was morning time and I quickly ran here.

The king: OK, now you can go and relax. You don't need to afraid that much.

(The king sents soldier at that place to check, what's the matter??)

             After few days........

Still there was no news of those soldiers.
At the courtyard, a person came and said while breathing heavily.....
and said that he found the soldiers that the king send to the haveli.

A courtier asked: Where?? Where they are right now??

He said : They all are dead.(🥺)

Everyone's reaction was like : Han!!!
What's going on here?, Is this a cursed place or something?, Is this a plan of our enemies???

Then suddenly a man stood up and said: My lord, Can I go to that place to check what's the matter?
( He was the elder son of the king and the heir of the Arya empire, who is famous for his courageous acts and music skills, His eyes are soft and pure as heaven, his looks made every girl to fall in love with him. His voice is always praised for its softness. The sword in his hand is fabricated with red sapphires and covered with gold. His hands are veiny and strong. The bracelet on his wrist was like specially made for him).

At night time..........
Pranay went to the old haveli and heard some scary voices there. When he reaches to the haveli and opens the door, then something falls over him. He opened his sword immediately but it was just a soft toy.
He walked some steps in the haveli, and he notices someone is running behind him, when he turned back it disappeared. Then he moved forward, after a lot of efforts he founds nothing but disappointment from himself.

When he was returning, few drops of blood falls over him. He looks in the upward direction to check, he find that there was a dead body whose face is unrecognisable because of the wounds that it has.

Suddenly, he heard a voice behind him that sounds like 'Hello my dear.........'
He turned back but there was no one.

In the morning time.....
He came to his father and told him everything about that night.

        .........To be continued........

Please comment below so that I can assure that I have atleast a single reader it's not only me who checks this story.❣️