•1•

August 17th 2023

I sit here, on the roof of the school. No one can see me, i haven't seen people in months. The only living things i see are the few pigs and chickens i can keep safe. When one gets sick, i use it as a bait. Not that i want to, but i need to survive. I am building a fence around the school so the zombies cant get in.

Yesterdag i chopped the last tree of in this area. I need more, otherwise i cant finish to build the fence. And i need some wool so i dont freeze when its winter. I get off the roof and go to my "bedroom" i turn on the radio to see if someone is nearby and has news. Last time i heard something was a month ago, that didnt last for very long. They were twenty kilometers away.

Its getting late, and i need to eat. Sadly all the food here is rotten. Well, exept for the honey. I have a chicken coop in the warehouse nearby, so thats good. I have eggs sometimes, i check on them every once in three days. Yesterday i saw one of them laid an egg with a chick in it. I am happy to see that, that means they still reproduct. I cant survive much longer like this. 8 months tops.

I've been here for four months. I must say i am lucky. Most people have multiple camps with a few tents and a camper. I have a school. It's quite scary being alone though. I don't have anyone who can help me if i'm in danger. Or help me build the fence. I guess It's just a matter of time. I decide to walk around to check if everything is safe for the night. Another good thing about a school is that you have a lot of hiding spots. And ofcourse many supplies, like medical things. And there is entertainment. I have read a lot of books since i'm here.

Sometimes i wish someone was here with me though, It's kinda lonely. Its just me, my music and animals. After i checked everything i go to the cantine to make some food, It's almost always the same meal. A bit of pig, honey and edible plants. I tried growing some strawberries and tomatoes outside, it didnt fully work out. Sometimes i have one or two tomatoes i can eat. But thats it. Sadly they don't have any good books on how to grow vegetables here. There are two types of weather here;
Rain, or very dry. Oh! And windy, thats three. Sadly with these circumstances i can't fulfill my dream to travel the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The next day

I wake up, It's sunny outside. I stand up and put on my only change of underwear. And start to put on the rest of my clothes. I walk outside and It's cloudy, almost raining. Ofcourse, i always forget its just a decor for the musicals. My bedroom is a backstage/dressingroom. There aren't many useful clothes in here, but It's fun to expiriment. Or to just act like i'm in a musical on stage, a week ago i finally figured out how the lights work. And i tried to find as many cut-out boards of people. So i have an audience.

I cross my arms in anger and i walk to the chicken coop. "Hello Melanie, how is your baby?" I ask, knowing she doesn't understand shit of what i say. I sit down on a crate, i see a chicken laying down, it looks a bit sick. I grab my gloves and pick it up, it doesnt look good at all. So i take it to a private coop so the others can't get sick too. When i go back outside i see two zombies walking over, they are a level 4 so nothing to worry about. I have enough skills to take them down. I go back in the coop and grab a 5cm knife. And i stab them.

"Gotta clean up now" It's not that bad to clean tho, I'm used to it. And by the way, i have new things to expiriment with, i always had a thing for biology and chemistry. And psysics, i just hate math and doing things i am told to do. Once i mixed the wrong fluids and the cup exploded, i had a couple of wounds but it went over quickly.

After cleaning up and taking dirty bodyparts to the lab, i wash my hands and go to the cantine, see if i have anything to drink. Nothing, thats too bad. I guess i will just die of thirst. The water isn't clean enough to drink, and i don't have a well like some farms do. When i was younger i liked to watch horror films, especially about zombies and vampires. Now, i hate zombies. They killed a lot of people, and they are people themselves. Will there ever be a cure?