•2•

As i am cleaning up the pig house, it starts to rain. "Ah shit, not again" I whine. I hate rain, especially because its so often and so heavy. I decide to not stop cleaning, the pigs are now under their small roof so they stay dry. "Assholes, letting me stay in the rain while cleaning up your shit" i mumble to them. After i am done i open the door and get out fast, to the school. Where it is not wet everywhere. I wash my hands and face and then cook an egg.

Its evening and It's getting dark. I don't like the dark, you can't spot the zombies as fast as you can in the day. Luckily i have protection and i have a save coop for the chickens and a small house for the pigs.

I finish my meal and clean up. I check one more time to see if everything is safe. After i go and wash my face. Then put on a nightgown and go to sleep. The next morning i wake up and hear sounds. I stand up and walk carefully towards the sound, is it a zombie?

I search for an animal, or zombie.
"Show yourself!" I demand. No zombie or rat comes out, its a human. A man. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" I ask with the javelin in my hands. "Why do you want to know?" The man says, i cant see him very well but i notice his hoodie because of the pretty bright colors "Because this is my territory. Now, who are you?" I groaned "Ghost" "Ghost? Seriously, that's your name? Ghost." "Yes, What's yours?" I step a bit closer "First answer my question. Why are you here?" "To look for suvivors" "And how do i know you are not a killer? Just want everything for yourself?" I lower my javelin a bit.

He cackled. "Do i look like a killer to you?" I tought to myself "no" I said eventually. Could i have said something else? Something better? Probably, but i kind of forgot how to communicate well with a stranger after all these months alone. "Are you alone?" I ask "Sort of.  There are a couple of guys wandering around here to help looking. We-" Before he can finish i interupt without hearing him "Okay, there is nothing useful here. And the few things that are, are mine." I stated. "Okay, fine by me. But i need to ask though, how do you manage all by yourself?"

That question caught me off guard. "What do you mean? You think i can't?"
"What? No. I mean, I'm just asking." He confessed "So, what do you want now?"
"Well, we have a large base that is safe. Do you want to come with us? .. We have food, and clean clothes and a hospice." He requested. I didn't know what to say, i haven't seen humans in months and now a random guy wants to take me to a base? With a lot of people? I needed to think about it for a moment.

"I'm not sure, i don't know if i can trust you. I haven't even seen your face." The guy steps out of the shadow. He looks.. familliar. Like i have seen him before. "Happy now? Look, i will come back tomorrow. See if you want to come. If not, I'm not helping you if you are in trouble." He Groaned. He has a very low voice, it matches his face. But it doesn't. He wears a blue hoodie with a bit of spray paint on it. He has a mask on. I think that is why i can't hear him so well.

"Sure." I answered while examinating him. "Where is this 'base' of yours." He sighs, he is clearly annoyed by my questions. "You will see." He grins. I don't find this amusing at all. In fact, i am getting irritated by this 'ghost'. What human being name their kid ghost? We say goodbye and he leaves. I now realise i am still in my nightgown. That's not weird at all.

I go back to my bed and sit there, thinking about the offer. And about how familliar that guy looks. I go and put on normal clothes and i go to the chicken coop. The egg hatched. "Hello little one" I say in a soft voice. I grab a small bucket of water and wash the chick a bit. Today has been hectic and its just 10am. After i am done, i go to comb my hair and wash my face. I think about that guy again. About his offer, mostly. What should i do? I can't just leave this place and let it get overruled by zombies. I go sit on the stage and close my eyes. What should i do? I dont know, i could use some fresh food. Maybe a bath. But i dont want to leave here. This is now my home.

I can't just leave the animals, and let the zombies eat them. I need to find a cure. But i am just a young girl, i can't find a cure. Maybe i just give up. But i need to help people. This needs to stop. This virus happened because of a man that was stubborn and wanted power. If he didn't maybe the expiriment wouldn't have gone wrong.. maybe..