Dawn Bio

Drag Name:

Dawn

Pronouns:

She/Her (In Drag

He/Him (Out of Drag)

Ethnicity:

Polish, Czech & Scottish

Date of Birth:

April 8, 1998

Age:

25

Birthplace:

Raleigh, NC, USA

Hometown:

Raleigh, NC, USA

Location:

New York City, NY, USA

RuPaul's Drag Race

Season: Season 16

Place: 6th

Eliminated: Episode 12

Sent home by: Morphine Love Dion

Challenge Wins: 0

Dawn is an American drag performer and one of the contestants on the sixteenth season of RuPaul's Drag Race.

Drag Name Origin:

Her drag name came after a rough phase in life when she was up until dawn. She's also stated her name comes from the player character Dawn from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum.

Track Record(s):

Statistics: USA Season 16

Ranking: 6th Place

Maxi Challenges Won: 0

Mini Challenges Won: 0

Times as Team Captain: 0

Times in Bottom: 1 (Ep. 12)

Episode Eliminated: Episode 12

Memorable Quotes:

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 16

"Rise and shine, motherfuckers... it's Dawn." (entrance quote)"I feel so pussy!""I'm the Next Drag Supser- Stuper- Stooperstar- yeah, America's Next Drag Stupid Star." (During Meet The Queens)"I eat a pickle every morning." (During Meet The Queens)"Am I a fan of Drag Race? Pull up in the Sri Lanka!" (During Meet The Queens)"I didn't even know those were in there!""Is it giving newborn child?!""To be honest, I was kind of hoping I get dunked into a pool, but making an ass out of myself on a front porch is fun too."Dawn: "Excuse me, I have bacon."RuPaul: "What kind?"Dawn: "VEGAN."RuPaul: "Bitch, you better get off my front porch!"Dawn: "Okay."Dawn: "I actually think we should let animals vote."RuPaul: "And who do you think they would vote for?"Dawn: "Not you."RuPaul: "*cackling*""But what if I did? *goblin laughter* But what if I did?""I go from elf to twink. Like, where's the confusion?" (referring to her drag to out of drag transformation)"Clip clop, clip clop, motherfucker. And that's all I gotta say.""Oh my God babe, wake up, it's Dawn! Silly little frillies with my elf ears on. Not part of your world, it's all my own. So dumb, so cunt, your minds are blown! From the stars, laying bars, didn't you know there's life on Mars? Galaxy, fantasy, turning looks, setting free, and can I be honest, I'm a star, baby!" (verse on Star Baby)"I don't get nervous, I get drop dead... scared"."Can I be honest?"" is taking off her shoes... cardinal sin, diva." (In response to taking her shoes off in the lipsync against .)"... Honestly, really bold name for someone who hasn't made waves in this competition."Dawn: ", knock knock."Nymphia: "Who's there?"Dawn: "Banana!"Nymphia: "Banana who?"Dawn: "Knock knock!"Nymphia: "Who's there?"Dawn: "Banana!"Nymphia: "Who's there-"Dawn: "That's how it feels to talk to you!"", no tea, no shade.. Gooped and gagged that you weren't in the bottom.""We're doing comedy makeup? I'm just gonna paint like .""I saw it being and as well.. And , but here are!" (after asking who everyone thought they'd see still in the competiton nearing the end)"I'm feeling the tension 'cause I'm sitting right next to these motherfuckers! I'm like, "Scary! Is this how you do in Miami? That's a lot." (during and 's fight after 's elimination)Dawn: "I definitely am thinking about my sisters in sometimes ways that I don't want to be."Producer: "Anyone in particular?"Dawn: "No o- No, no, no! *laughter*""Y'all ready for a therapy session? Here we go! We've got power. Being true to love will always make them cower. Writing up laws won't stop our wild, healing up our inner child. Who you are cannot be tamed, so bears don't bare their shame. Connect, use your privilege, making change, it takes a village. That child in you can put up a fight too." (verse on Power)"Yea, I see it. It's a boring, sparkly dress." (to about her True Colors look)"Goodbye!- Oh, and WAKE UP motherfuckers, IT'S DAWN!!" (exit line)

Farewell Message: "BYE ♡ xoxo Dawn ☺"

Trivia:

Dawn is a premier drag figure in Brooklyn. She is close with several New York queens, including Jay Kay from the fifth season of The Boulet Brothers' Dragula, and La Zavaleta from the aforementioned show's fourth season.

Dawn has been doing drag since July 2018.

Dawn came out of the closet in her late teens when she was in college.

Dawn's favorite song is "Yuck" by Charli XCX.

Dawn's mother taught her the basics of how to sew, and the rest was self-taught.

Dawn's best friend was the person who introduced her to Drag Race, and was mesmerized by Roxxxy Andrews and her drag transformation.

Additionally, Dawn's favorite moment with a RuGirl is when Roxxxy followed her on Instagram and DM'd her after referencing her in Dawn's "Meet the Queens" video.

Maddelynn Hatter from The Boulet Brothers' Dragula Season 3 made Dawn's wig for her Mother Goose Runway.

Dawn has said that she considers the "character" of Dawn to be asexual.

In Episode 10, Dawn has stated she suffers under General Anxiety Disorder, Depressive Tendencies, severe and acute OCD and ADHD.

Dawn got a degree in Computer Science from NC State University.

She has the most safe placements in a row being 10 

She was precessed by Marcia Marcia Marcia with 9