Ending 3

There was a knocking on the door. Thinking it were Rosita to come pick up Coco, he allowed them to come in. It wasn't Rosita.

"Hey, I uhm know it's late but I saw that your light was still on." The familiar voice spoke.

"I. . .need you to leave me alone."Siddiq did not have the power to fight with him.

"Can we chat for a second Jefe?"

Siddiq sighed. He'd let him talk.

". . .just for a second." He murmered. Dante came up behind him, hugging him by his waist. Siddiq tensed his body. He felt good to be hugged by him but where he stood. He felt afraid.

"Why don't we escape together. Tonight." (I wanna take him far away from this place I turn and see my sisters face and she is HELPLESS)

"What. What are you even saying? I have a daughter and friends here." Siddiq glared at his reflection. He wanted to sock him so bad at this moment.

"It's better that we do and never return to this place." Dante leaned into his ear. The words rang through Siddiqs mind.

"And what if I refuse?" Siddiq whispered. 

"I can't force you. I am leaving even if you dont come with me." Dante stepped back, "I'll be at the back gate tomorrow at midnight." He turned away and headed to the door.

"Why are you even leaving?" Siddiq grabbed his wrist before he could leave.

"I-I can't say much. This place doesn't- it doesn't feel safe anymore." Dante pulled his hand away and left.

Siddiq's heart hurt. He couldn't just watch Dante go, but he couldn't leave his daughter, her mother, this place. He'd sleep this through. That's what he'd do. Maybe if he left, in the future he'd come visit. Maybe he'd still be alive by then.

~~~
He was there. Just as he said. He was there waiting in the darkness.

"So. Are you coming?" Dante spoke softly.

"Yeah." Siddiq lowered his eyes.

"What about your spawn, eh Jefe?"

"I- I don't know. I want to be with you but I can't just not see her." Siddiq furrowed his brows.

"You'll still get to see her." Dante took his hands and pulled him close.

"You think that they'll forgive me?" Siddiq put his arms around Dante's torso, "Coco and Rosita I mean."

"Im sure they both will."

The truth was that Dante didn't actually know. How could he ever know? He pulled Siddiq into a kiss.

"We need to get going." He said once he pulled back. Siddiq looked back at the place he'd called home for the last six years.

"Lets go." He turned away and climbed over the high walls of Alexandria. Dante followed behind him.

"Just follow close, I'll protect you."

Siddiq chuckled quietly.

"I can protect myself too you know."

Dante's lips pulled to a smile.

"I know."

Together they walked far away from Alexandria. Dante led him away from where he knew the Whisperers holed up. Siddiq could never find out. He could never bring himself to tell him that he'd been there at the barn with him. That he'd force him to watch his friends die.

Daylight broke.

Siddiq grabbed Dante's hand and with a smile, he spoke.

"I love you."

Dante put Siddiqs hand to his lips.

"I love you too."