one | rumors

"Shuichi, you're going to be late. Wake up, please," Kyoko whispered, gently nudging her son on the shoulder.

Shuichi, who was out cold sleeping since he stayed up last night doing detective work, gradually began fading back into consciousness.

"Late..?" He grumbled, gently rubbing his eyes. Clearly still half asleep, his brain wasn't quite registering all of his surroundings. The first thing that he noticed was the hand on his shoulder. It was scarred with burn marks.. he recognized those marks. Yeah, he definitely did. In that case, the hand has to belong to..

"Ah, mom!" He gasped softly, quickly sitting up as he snapped back into reality. "Sorry, I could've sworn I set my alarm.."

"You did, but by the third time it went off, I didn't hear you making any noise in your room." Kyoko stated, gently ruffling his hair. "Don't pressure yourself with these cases. I can handle it, alright?"

Hesitantly, he nodded. "Yeah, thank you.."

"Of course. Now go ahead and get ready, you still have some time left." She spoke, a smile just barely on her face, before she swiftly turned around and left the room.

Once he was alone, Shuichi let out a soft sigh. "..I can't believe I slept through my alarm three times.. I should go to the bathroom and freshen up, at least." He muttered.

After making a mental note in his head, he got up and went to go do just that.

He made his way into the bathroom and flicked the light on, immediately being greeted by himself in the mirror. He slept good, and it was seriously showing on the outside.. his bedhead seemed to be rather intense, and on top of that, his eyeliner that he forgot to wipe off yesterday was smudged into oblivion.

He began gently tugging on strands of hair that were sticking out, using his reflection to examine them. "Mm, I might need a haircut soon.." He yawned. He honestly just wanted to go back to bed, however, today was the first day of school. It'd officially be his last year in high-school, thank God..

After a few minutes more of mentally roasting himself in front of the mirror, he decided to take a shower. Fortunately for him, before he'd gotten started on his detective work last night, he already prepared an outfit for himself so he didn't have to stress out about it the next morning. It was a basic white button up and black jeans, since he was never really the type to dress up all extraordinary for school. He threw the outfit on after his shower and brushed his hair, so all that was really left was a few tiny touches.

"Alright.. one more school year, I can do this." Shuichi huffed softly as he attempted to hype himself up, tossing on a few necklaces and doing his eyeliner.

As he perfected his eyeliner wing, his phone suddenly began buzzing from his pocket.

"..Hm?" He hummed, grabbing his phone and taking a quick glance at the notifications. Of course, it was from the group chat that his friends had created their first year of high school. Inside of the group chat it seemed chaotic, as usual..

Rantaro: Okay, is everybody almost ready? I'm about to get in the car.

Maki: I've been ready for a while now. seriously, you guys are slowpokes. 😐