Epilogue

[Y/n's PoV]

The silence that was present was both calming and soothing, much like the sky that I am gazing upon with such wonder.

The azure coloured sky with its endless number of clouds slowly moving while the sun sets at the horizon, all served to enhance my peaceful mood. My thoughts were simply focused at the sky that I look upon, almost making me feel like I was alone in a world that was so serene and calm.

It has now been a few years since that night where I made a small pinky promise with Kafka in hopes for living a peaceful life with her in the future.

Since then, the both of us have been together throughout many difficult situations and even managed to get away safely from many difficult scenarios.

However, it was now a certain day in which I was standing alone, gazing up at the sky as I did before when we initially made that promise with each other. The scenery around me looked much more peaceful and less chaotic in comparison to how it first looked in the beginning.

"Y/n."

I looked to at the voice and saw Kafka slowly approaching me as she kissed my cheek.

"My love. You have returned."

"Hmm~ Of course I did, darling." Kafka replied back to me with a soft smile on her lips as she gently kissed my lips.

The way she addressed me with such a loving manner made me feel a sense of warmth and assurance as she continued to stand close to me. I then slowly lowered my eyes from the sky and met hers instead with a smile.

"Everything went smoothly I assume?" I asked her.

"It went more than smoothly. The people that needed to be dealt with were taken care of." Kafka answered me back with a small nod as she then put her arms around me.

It was a warm embrace where I could feel her love and affection for me as she now stood close by my side.

"As expected from my lover." I praised her before placing my lips on her.

"Hmm~"

This caught her off guard for a moment as she didn't expect the sudden advance of affection that I made on her this time. However, I knew she wasn't going to complain about it as her arms quickly enveloped me as her lips met back with mine.

As the two of us made out, the sun continued to set over the horizon.

"We've come along way, haven't we?"

The skies slowly became a bit darker as the moon began to slowly rise, giving the night its own calm aura.

"...Indeed..."

A smile began to slowly grow back on her lips as she looked at the changing skies that are now beginning to transition from day to night.

"We really have come such a long way since our first days together. I'm happy that we've reached here now. And I'm really glad that I was able to make a positive change to your future."

I just closed my eyes before smiling.

"Yes, and I'm thankful for your dedication. I now realized that even if I lose my memories once again or letting the both of us fight to death just to prove one's point, we'll eventually end up into each other's arms even if we don't realize it."

Another warm smile then formed on her lips as she listened to my thoughts.

The way that I accepted my fate and realized that even if multiple of my lives have ended up with the same conclusion, there would always be the same resolution where we would still end up being together and it was rather heartwarming for me and Kafka. She then looked back up at the now darker skies that the moon was now adorning instead of the sun.

"So, even if our circumstances change, the results would still be the same. All roads would lead back to the same point. And that was us to be together."

I nodded, "I guess you could say that. Even if we are still a hunter hunting for the remaining Stellarons, and hypothetically most of the population wants to capture us, we will fight it together until the very end. You and me."

"Of course. We've been together through very difficult and uncertain times before. So fighting it off together this time wouldn't be much different." She replied back to me then snaked her arms around my waist.

This had now become a normal occurrence. So much so that the two of us would now do this whenever things become quiet.

I just smiled at her before looking back at the sky.

"Today's a really nice weather as if I still feel like I'm in a dream." I whispered to her.

"Oh? But this is not a dream, my love. It's real. See?"

The way that she tangled and squeezed my hand lightly with her own made me feel that she was reassuring me about something. With this in mind, Kafka's words now helped to further ease my mind on my feelings about the current situation.

"...My hands. They're warm, aren't they?" She asked me as she now looked back towards me.

With the sky now looking even more beautiful as the moon was still raising, it made the night seem so much more calming.

"Yeah, they are." I responded before clasping our hands all together.

"As long as I can always feel your warmth, I can keep living." I declared to her.

"And you will be able to feel it as long as we're still together, my love." She replied to me as she then held my hands tightly together.

With her words being spoken in a reassuring manner, the feeling of warmth from Kafka's hands were more noticeable which in turn made my mood feel even more peaceful.

"...I love you so much. You know that right?"

"...I do..."

The way that I expressed my love for her made her take a small deeper breath as though the thought of being loved by me was something that she always took a special liking to.

Her smile remained even after that simple reply of hers as she looked back up at the beautiful sky for a few moments longer before finally turning back to me as she gently caressed my cheek with her hands.

"I love you too, my beloved. Until the end of the world, I will only love you."

"So don't worry too much about the rest of our future. Because we'll both get through anything that comes our way together. No matter what. And, even if we both end up being killed, we'll both still be reunited eventually."

I just chuckle a bit before planting a kiss on her lips.

"Lovers and partners..?"

Kafka nodded immediately at my statement as she knew where this is heading and respond to the very same statement that we once made.

"Partners in crime." Kafka replied back to me slowly as my lips met with hers once again.

Her gentle smile then grew bigger as she gave out a soft chuckle shortly after. This small moment of intimacy was like many of the previous ones I've had with her before.

However, something about this moment felt a lot more special than the others. Maybe it was because of the calm and serene environment that we both were surrounded by. No matter what the reason was, the love between us both were still as real as ever.

The sight in front of me was like something out of a dream itself. No matter what happened in our future, I knew we'll always end up back in the same conclusion as the two of us were destined to spend our lives together.

-End-