Welcome Spider-man

No more waiting. Let's get this party started.

In TASM - Peter's age = 17
In TASM 2 - Peter's age = 18
__________________________________________________________________________________

Peter had a very deep suspicion that he was cursed. It was either him or his identity which was cursed. As soon as someone knows about his real identity, either them or someone nearby him was sure to die. From Captain Stacy to his daughter Gwen Stacy and even..... his aunt May.

He should have seen this coming. He was so much invested in the death of his girlfriend that he didn't even saw the signs of sickness on aunt May. Aunt May, being the sweet (mother) aunt she was, didn't even told him that she was suffering. She was pushing herself, her health condition worsening day by day. For five months, he was locked up in his room (after Gwen's death), doing regular chores but not even for a minute taking care of his aunt.

She presented herself so perfect, so healthy that he never guessed that something might have even happened to her. He should have noticed. For all the brains he had, why he never noticed her occasional coughing which she simply explained was cough and cold. Why did he never notice, how her knees looked extremely weak nowadays, her hands trembled few times.

He should have been there. What sort of a son was he? His aunt, even calling her aunt is disrespectful. She was his mother. She was always there for him, for his choices, his decisions, his future.... a tear slid down his eye. She was his light. After Gwen's death, he thought he lost everything but no.... he still had something. He had his aunt. He could have lived with her happily. Sometimes, in our grief and loss we assume that we've lost everything but when you actually lose everything you hold dear, you realise how important were those things you lost, things you could have cherished, things that could have saved him from his despair but.....

During Uncle Ben's death as well, he was nothing more than a large burden on May. She steeled her heart, ever ready to take care of Peter but he had the wise idea of hunting down the criminals who killed Ben. Rather than being a supportive nephew, he was supposed to be, he was a burden who always made Aunt May worried. She was slowly dying from inside and she didn't even told him about it. He felt so enraged and so betrayed but then she told him..... he was so much swallowed up in his grief that she couldn't bear to tell him this terrible truth.

He was so torn up from the revelation that even air was knocked out of his lungs. He wasn't good enough. He was not a good nephew. Forget nephew, he wasn't even remotely helpful to May.... so useless that she didn't even wanted to worry him. He was supposed to be her pillar who would take care of her in her old age and not this good for nothing man. His uncle and aunt did so much for him and yet he was never ever able to repay them. He was the murderer of his Uncle and Aunt. When she was in hospital, she asked him a simple question-

"Peter, are you Spider-man *cough*?"

Peter (who was tightly clasping her hand, as if he didn't wanted the death to take his aunt away) didn't had the courage to say anything to his brave aunt who did so much for him, still fighting with death. With tears streaming out of his eyes, he nodded. It was the last thing May asked as a smile spread across her face, a peaceful expression along with a deathly pallor spreading over her face.

With her hands still clasped with Peter's hand......

her breath stopped.

Her pulse stopped.

Her heartbeat stopped.

The machine gave a loud beep sound. Aunt May passed away when Peter was 18 years old.

Flashback :

"Come on Peter..... blow up the candles."

Uncle Ben was in front filming his birthday as Aunt May cheered him on. He was continuously working overtime from past 3 months so to buy a new cycle and the camera of the latest model he could afford.