An Invitation and a revelation

Hey guys. Let's get started.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Last time,

............He quickly swung away from there and started walking in opposite direction to his house, slowing down considerably. After walking around for 15 minutes, he entered an alleyway. The person who was tailing him also went behind him in the alleyway but keeping a certain distance so that Spiderman couldn't see her.

Spiderman turned around the corner as the person quickly followed him there. But when she glanced towards the way Spider-Man went, there was a dead end. 'What the? Where did he go?'

"So wanna tell me who you are and why were you following me?" Spidey asked hanging upside down from his web.

The woman froze. When did he....?

"Well I really love it when I've beautiful fans chasing me around...." Spidey said in a sweet voice munching on snickers.

".......how about it miss. Wanna show me your beautiful face?" He kept on munching the snickers while the woman slowly turned around. God she was taking her sweet time. What's with the slow reveal?

"Wait a minute, you are......-"

Now,

Peter was bathing in bathroom. Droplets of water were running down his skin. He came out of bathroom towel wrapped around his waist, the yesterday talk still fresh in his mind. Why was there a need to follow? They could have asked him directly instead of following him around like that. That was just wrong.

Now the main concern was about the invitation. He could actually join them and become the 'Ultimate version' of himself, as they quoted him to be or he could reject the offer and could make an unofficial enemy as large and powerful as that called S.H.I.E.L.D. The problem was that he needed to compromise his identity and come to the frontlines. He has no problem about coming to the frontlines when time needs him. His priority was first and foremost to protect people and he would. He could also get money for his hero job.

It was perfect. Absolutely brilliant. For his hardwork as Spider-Man he would be paid. While it could be discussed about the salary later, it was actually one of the best choices available. He had to study as a student, work in a part-time job and then do his spidey work. If he could get paid for his hero work, then he could leave his part-time work for the extra money to get out of the loans he's facing, to free this house. The only problem was the compromise of his identity.

He didn't had anyone in his life right now. He was all alone. Even if he compromised his identity, there wouldn't be any threat to his loved ones, as they are all dead (except his father who went into hiding and is probably safe). But..... what if he has a loved one in future? Scratch that, there are kids in his neighborhood whom villains casually pick up, just so that they could get back at him. What if the information is leaked? While the NYPD, didn't necessarily hated him, they didn't shower him with his love either. Especially after the Dark Spidey fiasco, yeah.... there's an arrest warrant against him. What if the information is leaked to them? He would be arrested without a trial.

Also what if this whole join the SHIELD thing is just a facade so that they could uncover his identity. There are just so many unknown factors that he cannot decide at all. It would be pretty risky to be honest. Plus she did admit that she and the archer guy were following him. Why didn't they simply asked him? Or what if they need his identity so that they know that he's not someone dangerous or worse, a spy or something.

He shook his head as he got ready for college. Quickly stuffing a toast in his mouth, Peter quickly locked the windows and door and went out. Was his neighbour shifting away?