Prologue

https://howtotrainyourdragon.fandom.com/wiki/Fault_Ripper_(species)

Information on the fault ripper so you know what I'm talking about.
Also not my art all credit to the artist
______________________

It was dark when she met the dragon riders. Well at least she thought it was dark, it can be hard to tell when you spend time in a cave. Walking out of her cave-built hut she saw that the dragon she had been hanging around was gone. Usually, he would lay out and protect her from other cave-dwelling dragons. "Smithers where are you?"

All she got back was a soft roar leading her to the dragon. When she finds him, she sees that Smithers is backed into a corner and a man with a metal leg and a flaming sword in front of him. He had his hand out as if it was a calming gesture. Taking out her sword she approached the man only to be surrounded by what she assumed was the peg leg's posse. "What do you think you're doing?" said a pretty blonde with an axe.

"Stopping you from bothering that dragon what are you doing?" She responded while getting into a fighting stance. All she got in return was silence. "Now back up before I send you to the Underworld myself."
The blonde charged at her, but she blocked with her sword before retaliating sending the blonde to the floor. Hearing a body hit the floor Smithers blew his orange-purple fire before picking up the girl in his front claws and flying in a spiral to tunnel deeper into the cave in hopes of losing the riders.

This was counterproductive as the group jumped onto their dragons and followed quickly behind. Landing, she was let down and picked up her sword ready to defend the dragon. "What do you want from him!" The peg-legged man hopped off a black dragon. "We don't want to hurt him; we've never seen his species before." The rest of his friends landed behind him. "Well now you have, you can go now." Came from her shocking the group with her bluntness.

"Wait, what is your name?" asked the chubby Viking. "Juno, my name is Juno. Would you care to tell me who you are?"

"My name is Fishlegs, and this is my Meatlug." He said pointing to the gronckle beside him. Following his lead everyone introduced themselves except for the peg-legged Viking. "Well? Are you going to stand and stare, or will you tell me your name?" She asked staring at the brunette. The night fury growled. "Hiccup, and this is toothless. Come on gang we should leave now."

"Wait, Hiccup! Why don't we bring her back with us? We'd be able to study this new dragon species and we could always use the extra help." One of the twins, the brother clapped his hands together. "What a fine idea my fishy friend." He turns to Juno, "Your dragon is so COOL! What else can he do?" The sudden question took aback Juno but before she could respond Hiccup cut in. "Fine, she can come back with us, now let's go." Juno looked at Smithers, sensing her gaze he turned back to her. "Well, let's go. I'm curious about this group."

Juno nods her head to herself knowing that he couldn't see it and gets on right in front of the spikes on his back start. Holding on to his horns the dragon takes off after the other riders. Taking the lead and tunneling out of the cave, Juno says goodbye to the one place that has ever truly felt like home.

Flying to the island Juno answered a long list of questions mostly from the twins and Fishlegs, an occasional question from Astrid, and a few stupid comments from Snotlout. But Hiccup hadn't said a word to her, and she wasn't complaining; she could tell he didn't like her, and the feeling was mutual. He had the audacity to come into her home and back her dragon into a corner. That was a red flag in her book, but what else can you expect from a Viking and, as she had come to learn, the chief's son.

Talking with the other young Vikings it was clear that none of them had gone beyond the archipelago which confused her as they seemed to be insistent on exploring new places, but she brushed it off and went back to answering their questions.

...

Arriving at Dragon's Edge was kind of surreal, it was a beautiful island, lots of greenery and dragons. It seemed that many wild dragons took refuge on the island which made Juno trust them just a bit more. "So, did these dragons come with island or..?"

"No, these are dragons we rescued from Dagger and his hunters," Fishlegs replied. "Dagger?" The group looked at her shocked. "Just how long have you been living in that cave?" Asked Astrid, concerned. "A month or so, I'm from outside of the archipelago. So, I don't know much about the problems you've been facing."

Astrid and Fishlegs took the brunt of explaining what was happening, with a few funny comments from the twins but Juno got the gist of it. "Now that, that is over let me take you to where you will be staying." Fishlegs said, leading her to a cave entrance while she led Smithers.

"Thank you for the cave, Smithers can't see well and relies on his hearing instead. It would get difficult for him as it would probably be too loud." Juno led Smithers into the cave and watched as he tunneled through the walk to create a living space for himself.

"Can I ask where you're from, you said outside of the archipelago but that is not exactly specific." Juno looked up at him from the mouth of the cave. "Greece, Athens specifically." He nods before bidding Juno a goodnight. "We'll start on your hut in the morning. Good night." Juno nods at him before walking into the tunnel Smithers had created. Exhausted and sore she grabbed her bag off of her dragon and began setting up her bed for the night. "What do you think of the so far?" The dragon grumbled before lifting his wing he let her tuck under it. Comfortable, she felt herself drifting off but not before Smithers wrapped his tail around them both.