Prologue 1

Sunsets Pov

Me and my gal pals were about to practice a new song in the music room, we were making sure our instruments were ready when suddenly we heard a knock. " Come in darling." Rarity said elegantly while fixing the pitch of her keytar. The door opened, and a blue-haired guitar player 'who just happened to be my ex' stepped in.

"Hey Rainbooms, so about the school's annual talent show- uh you all are participating, right?" Flash Sentry asked. We all got a small nod in before Rainbow Dash half-yelled "Well duh, somebody needs to win first place!" Pinkie giggled at the remark."And we were just about to practice a new song for showcase, so what's up?" Twilight said while adjusting her glasses.

"Anyway, I was going to ask if Princess Twilight would be coming to... I don't know cheer you guys on?" Flash was now looking at the floor like he'd never seen it before. 'This stupid little shit, asking again if Twilight's coming, I thought I told him to forget about her.'

I made a tight fist before I said"No offence, but I'm pretty sure the princess is too busy to -"

"hold on just a minute, I thought you said the princess could be comin'? " Applejack interrupted me and I responded with a glare "What? just bein' honest"

" 'COULD BE' I didn't know for sure!" " Girls... "

"So stop throwin' a hissy fit! " "Girls..."

"I AM NOT-" "GIRLS!" the twilight sparkle of this world yelled, "Fluttershy has something to say" She gestured towards the timid girl "I, um, if Sunset's not sure, ho-how about we just ask the princess?"

"I second that!" exclaimed Pinkie Pie. "And if she does come, we can ask her to stay with us for a week, or maybe a month, or even a year! Then we can perform at every talent show, find magic, defeat meanies, and have parties, sleepovers, makeovers, and cake-overs. We could even go camping, watch movies, and grow old together-" Rainbow Dash stopped Pinkie's blabbering by covering her mouth with a cupcake, which Pinkie happily ate. 'Honestly, I wonder if she even breathes.'

I fidgeted with my jacket while saying"Pinkie, Twilight from the other world is a literal princess, She probably doesn't have time to stay for a week." I said much to Pinkie Pie's dismay "But I'll ask if she can come and stay for a few days" While I was getting my book to communicate to Twilight I swear on Celestia I saw Pinkie's hair get visibly bigger. Before I could write the first word, a voice distracted me. "How are you going to talk to Twilight with a book?" Flash's voice appeared out of nowhere. 'Aw the damn fucker is still here, forgot about him for a little and from the looks of it' I looked at my friend's faces 'Everyone did.'

"There are two identical books, this one Sunset has and the other Twilight has, it works like texting "Rarity stated then looked at Flash knowingly "Why, do you want to talk to her?" Flash looked at the wall away from all our faces and blushed "Would you let me?" he asked sheepishly. "No," I said without much thought.

Everyone looked at me weirdly like I had said that I liked wet socks. Flash looked especially embarrassed, "Now why wouldn't you sunset?" a raspy voice broke the silence. "Well- I- um" I struggled to think of an answer. "T-Twilight uh, the princess one told me to keep the book with me and not to lose it er- so I can write to her if I- I mean we need help" 'Princess Twilight never said that, I don't even know why I said it, for some reason, I don't want Flash to talk to her?'

"Alright then... um, don't you have to write to her now?" Twilight said. 'oh right' I smiled out of embarrassment. I took a deep breath and started writing:

Dear Princess Twilight

The school's annual talent show is happening soon and I know everyone would be thrilled to see you here, I know I would. Anyway, I understand the last time you came here you were kinda stressed but there are certainly no disasters for you to deal with, you can help us prepare or just cheer us on. you can even bring Starlight if you want to, besides, I know that a blue-haired guitar player would love seeing you. 'For some reason, I struggled writing that line?'

Your good friend Sunset Shimmer

"Done," I said proudly. "Now we just wait for her to reply" I saw Flash in the corner of my eye 'I can't stand to see him at the moment' my eyes were almost cutting through his as I forced out "I get that you might have nothing better to go than to sit here waiting for a reply that probably won't come today, but you should maybe go practice with your band?" "oh yeah, um bye," Flash said while blushing a little, he barely made it out the door without falling. Applejack looked like she was about to speak 'likely because she thought it was a bit rude' but I interrupted her "What? Just being honest" The smug tone in my voice was easy to make out.

I nearly jumped when I saw the book glowing 'Normally Twi doesn't reply so quickly'.

(A/N note: Hey I'm so happy that you decided to read this, I'm a new author so this probably isn't that good but I'm hoping to improve.

Please vote or comment letting me know that you want to see more of this, it really helps.)