Broken

"What the..", Sunny looked around in confusion. He stood in a bare, white void with nothing around. He knew he must be dreaming, but why was he aware of it?

"How.. lovely.. to see you again," a voice echoed all around, the source not in sight as he glanced into the void.

"Sunny.. why..", the voice, it sounded so familiar! Why couldn't he remember who it was from?!

"Don't tell me.. you already forgot about me?", a figure formed in the darkness, nothing more than a faint shadow.

He carefully walked towards it, each footstep causing a loud echo to spread. He knew the voice, it was on the tip of his tongue!

As he drew closer, he stopped suddenly. Her hair was tangled, dress barely clinging to her thin frame, back facing him. Her dark hair swam through the open air. She was the same as he remembered.

"Why... why did you do it Sunny?", she began to turn around as the boy backed away, entire body tense and fear coursing through his veins.

"I just wanted everyone to be happy Sunny... so why...", she was almost facing him at this point, her brown eyes piercing his with a harsh glare.

"Why did you take her away?!", Aubrey's voice rang out, pounding his ears as he desperately clutched at them. Her face was covered in bruises from her dad, her plush hanging by her side and held with one hand.

"She was the only one who loved me! She was the only one to care about me! And you killed her! Why?!", her voice grew louder and louder with each word, taking steps towards him in a threatening manner as he fell to the ground and quickly scooted backwards,

"I-it was an accident! I...I never meant to-"

"SHUT UP!!! IM SICK OF YOUR LIES!", tears streamed down her face, the teal dress Mari once gifted her covered in grime and the ribbon she would tie in her hair was tattered.

She was the same as that day.

"L-look it was an accident Aubrey! I-I didn't want to kill her! P-please! I'm sorry!", his begs of desperation did little to stop the fuming child. He was terrified but could do nothing.

"I had to watch you drag her body away. Do you know what that did to me? Do you know how fucked up you become after watching your best friend carry his sisters body to the backyard and hang her? Do you know how much I wanted to scream the truth? Everyone abandoned me that day. Everyone.", her voice was cold and sharp, her words sinking into his mind more and more,

"I wish you took her place."

Sunny stared in shock. He shook out of fear but held it back, watching as the girl turned to leave.

"You'll never be forgiven Sunny. Never."

As she vanished, the boy burst into sobs.

She was right.

He fucked everything up.

He deserved to be dead, not Mari.

Everyone loved Mari and he took her from them.

He heard another voice call out to him and tried to block it out, but it only grew louder. He clawed at his ears, trying to stop the sound, only to feel something trying to pry his hands away. He sobbed louder, clawing even harder as a feeling of warm liquid coated his nails.

Suddenly, he shot awake.

"Sunny! Look at me! You're safe! Please!", Kel's voice was coated in panic as Sunny frantically darted his eyes across the room. He gripped onto whoever was beside him, feeling them tense up a bit before wrapping their arms around him,

"It's ok sunshine, I've got you. Deep breaths, Hero's gone to grab some bandages ok?", Kel's voice changed to that of pure comfort and warmth as he gently ran his hands through the crying boy's hair. He moved to sit on the bed, pulling his boyfriend onto his lap and quietly whispering comforting words to him.

Overtime, the sobs reduced to silence as Hero wrapped the bandages around the wounds on his head,

"There, that should stop any infections. Now, wanna tell us what's bothering you bud?", Hero tilted his head, having squatted down to the boy's level.

Sunny looked from one brother to the other, shaking a bit as he nodded slightly.

"If.. if you messed up badly.. like really badly.. how would you get forgiveness?"