Chapter: Fifteen

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                       ~ | Season 3, ep 4:
    "One's Got Class and the Other One Dyes."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Here's your dead cow." Luke said as he placed a hamburger in front of Maren. Jess read his book next to her and shook his head at his uncles antics.

"How beautifully said." Maren said with a nod just as Layne bust through the door while the doorbell rang behind her.

"Hello, stars, Hallow. Whose ready to rock?" Layne asked no one in particular before sitting down with Rory and Loralie.

"Can we just have one day where absolutely nothing interesting happens in this town?" Jess asked as his eyes flicked up from his book to Maren.

"Well, that wouldn't be fun. Now, would it?" Maren asked with a smile.

"Yea, I guess you're right." Jess shrugged his shoulders and kissed his girls cheek before continuing to read his book as Maren ate her dinner.

Sam walked through the door with his girlfriend on his arm. He walked up to his sister just as she was finishing her meal.

"Hey, I'm walking home, if your ready to go?" Sam asked.

"Hm, oh yea, I'm ready." Maren kissed Jess on the cheek before walking home with her brother and his girl.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Maren was walking around the beauty store boredly the next day.

She picked out a few random products as Layne and Rory walked in.

Layne shouted about hair dye and rushed around the store.

"Watcha guys doing?" Maren asked, walking up to the girls.

"Laynes having a mental breakdown about hair dye." Rory informed as Layne scoffed.

Maren picked up a purple hair dye and waved it at the girl.

"You should totally do purple, but you'll have to bleach your hair first, or the purple won't show up at all." Maren explained as Layne smiled.

"You should totally dye it for me." Layne spoke.

"Me? I've only done a few streaks, not a whole head." Maren said nervously.

"Please." Layne pleaded as Maren nodded.
"I'll bring it up." Rory said as she gently took the dye from Layne while she went to grab bleach.

Maren walked up to Shae, who sat at the counter with a magazine in her hand. Sam had finally introduced the girl, and now she knew her name.

"Hi, shae." Maren smiled as the girls' face lit up.

"Hi Maren, it's so good to see you." Shae smiled.

"You too, my friends are just buying some hair dye." Maren informed as Shae nodded.

"Cool." Shae said as Rory glared at Shae and Layne dropped the bleach onto the counter.

"It's a good day today, isn't it." Layne exclaimed as Shae awkwardly nodded.

"Yep, 12.50." Shae rang up the products.
"And I've got a lot of change for you." Layne informed.

"Super." Shae said boredly as she bagged the products.

Rory gave Shae a weird look as Shae uncomfortably looked back up at her.

"You need something?" Shae asked as Maren looked at Rorys upset face.