Chapter: Twenty-One

☆ Diet Mountain Dew ☆
                       ~ | Season 3, ep 14:
                              "Swan Song."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Where do you think you're going, miss?" Lisa Forester asked her daughter with a raise of her brow.

Maren was halfway out the door by the time her mother caught her.

"Work." Maren spoke as Lisa tsked and walked over to her daughter and shut the door as Maren stepped back.

"Work? Is this early in the morning?" Lisa asked as Maren gulped.

"I just like to get there early, is all." Maren shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm not going to pretend anymore that I don't see you go to the next street over and wait for your boyfriend to pick you up in his trashy car." Lisa spoke with her arms crossed and an expecting look.

"I..." Maren stammered.
"I want him over for dinner tonight. No ifs ands or buts." Lisa nodded her head and walked back off down the hallway.

"Shit." Maren mumbled and walked off to the next street that she waited for Jess to pick her up in.

Jess was already there, so she jumped in the car and drove them to Luke's.

They were now hanging out in Jess's shared apartment with Luke. She had her head rested on his lap while he combed through her hair with his hand.

"What's wrong? You've been so quiet." Jess asked, looking down at her.

"My mother knows." Maren spoke blatantly, staring off at the ceiling.

"Knows what?" Jess asked, confused.
"She knows that we're together and that you pick me up on that one street every morning before school and work." Maren filled him in.

"She also wants you to come over for dinner tonight." Maren said as Jess widened his eyes.

"Im meeting your parents?" Jess asked as Maren sat up.

"Yea, if you can come over tonight. It's the only way she'll allow me to be with you if she meets you." Maren said sadly as Jess intertwined his fingers with hers.

"I'll be there." Jess said reassuringly with a hint of nervousness.

"Thank you." Maren breathed out before kissing his lips.

"Should I be more worried about meeting your mother or your father if their anything like your twin?" Jess asked.

"You should definitely be more worried about my mother. It's where my Dean gets it from." Maren smiled.

"Well, that's reassuring." Jess said sarcastically before kissing her cheek.

The door to the apartment suddenly opened as Luke walked in.

"Sorry guys, just grabbing my pocket knife." Luke said as he grabbed the knife off the coffee table and walked back downstairs.

"Wasn't it the pocket knife yesterday?" Maren asked as Jess nodded.

"Yea, it should be a new flannel for the next time he comes back up here." Jess spoke. Every ten minutes, Luke would walk up stairs to check in the couple by grabbing random objects, saying that he needed them.
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Did you set the silverware?" Maren asked Clara as she had run into the kitchen.

"All set." Clara smiled and ran over to her room.

Diet Mountain Dew☆Jess Marianoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें