Exploring Mondstadt

Venti hums, looking over the dark landscape of the ruins of Old Mondstadt, the only good memories he held there were when he was with his dear bard friend. It had been a while since he'd last visited the place, it was to save Dvalin who was controlled by the Abyss Order, looking down at the broken weapons and shields on the ground below him, he feels a tear run down his face remebering all the death he witnessed, especially the bard.

He got up to leave when he heard a voice from further in the ruin, his eyes widened 'Why is someone here?! It's far from safe!' He ran inside calling out for the person, he turned around the corner and was shocked by what he saw "W-what...?" Venti's tears dripped down his cheeks and approached the boy he saw sitting on the ground "You look just like me..." The boy said, standing up in front of Venti. Venti breathed heavily as he looked the boy up and down "Vin...?" He muttered, the boy looked surprised for a moment "How do you know my name and..." his eyes widened "Where's Barbatos and...why am I not dead!? Ah-but where is Barbatos first?!" He asked.

Venti's tears fell faster as he realised that he in fact was not dreaming "I'm Barbatos..." he said, turning into his spirit form then back to Vin's form. Vin looked shocked for a moment then warmly smiled, he hugged the green bard tightly while crying "I told you we'd meet again somehow..."he said in a shakey voice. Venti hugged him back, they shared an equally tight hug for a few minutes before Vin moved back soon.

Venti brought Vin to Mondstadt, greeting the guards in front "So, Bar-" Venti covered his mouth worridly and moved to behind the Angel's Share "Please, don't call me Barbatos in the streets or around other people" he said with an awkward smile, Vin nodded confused "But, what do I call you then?" "Venti, I took inspiration from your name" Vin smiled and nodded.

Vin was constantly pulling Venti around, asking about the shops and Cathedrial and Grandmaster. "You hungry?" Venti asked pulling out some of his left over Mora "Yeah!!" Venti smiled and took him to goodhunter "Hello Ven-oh? You have a twin?" Sarah inquired as Vin drooled at the delicious looking food "Yeah, um, 4 Chicken Mushroom skewers please!" He said happily, Vin turned his attention to his friend "4?" "We can have two each".

Sarah smiled and passed the two their 4 skewers "That's 1800 Mora please" Sarah said happily, Vin looked shocked and leaned over to whisper to Venti "1800?! Isn' that a lot!?" He asked "Eh? No, it's what you'd expect from 4 Skewers, considering it's 450 each" he handed the Mora to Sarah "Have a good day" she said with a warm smile "Bye Sarah! May you be blessed by the winds" she chuckled "You too" Vin took a bite into his Skewer as they walked through the street "Mmm!! This is really good!!" He exclaims ecstatically, Venti laughs "You like it?" "Mhm! It's better than the dried bried and fruits we were given before" he says awkwardly "Yeah...it looked...really gross" Venti finished off his first Skewer "It tasted even worse" he chuckled.

The two spent the rest of the day going everywhere in the city 'till night fall "Ah? I hadn't realised it was so late, wanna go to the tavern?" Venti asked, Vin looked hesitant for a moment before nodding. The two walked in and sat down in front of Diluc "Sigh Hello Vent-what?" Diluc looked at the two bards "Am I seeing double or...?" Venti laughed and shook his head "No no, this is my friend Vin!" Diluc sighed, still confused "You both drink alcohol?" Vin shook his head "I'll just have juice please, I'm not good with wine" Diluc nodded.

Diluc gave placed the two glasses down, a glass of Dandelion wine and a glass of Wolfhook juice, Vin took a sip of the juice with pleasure as Venti quickly gulped down his wine "This juice is really good-Venti?" Diluc looked at the somehow already partially drunk bard with confusion, he then looked at the label on the bottle "Dear Archon-what the hell!? 99% alcohol!?" Venti exhaled "Another glass~!" He said, slurring the last part, Diluc sighed "Last glass, so.ehow you're already partially drunk" "So why would you-"

Venti chugged down the glass and fell into Vin's shoulder "Ah!" Vin kept him upright "Um...how much?" He asked "How much has he got left?" Diluc asked, Vin took the remaining mora out of the pocket of the bard who was currently clinging onto him "Um, 362?" He passed it over to Diluc "That'll work" Vin supported Venti properly "Um, where does he live? I could try to-" "He has no house, he can stay in the spare room upstairs tonight" Vin looked confused "Eh?" Diluc grabbed his wrist and gently pulled him up the stairs and into a spare room.

He pulled out two sleeping bags and a few blankets "If you're wondering why I have sleeping bags prepared, it's because sometimes he stays over when drunk and refuses to let me leave, he will drag me down or block the door and I am unable to leave until morning" Vin slowly nodded and placed his friend down, Venti immediately slid into the sleeping bag and pulled Vin down and cuddled him "Don't leave...You'll get shot..." Venti mumbles, Vin sighs and puts a blanket over them both "Goodnight, Barbatos"