10

Puffing, I went to the others in the cell wing, they all sat there and ate dinner. Like a family before this whole apocalypse. "I'll go!" I said and turned around. "What? Why?" Rick asked. He got up and blocked my way. "Because I decided to do it," I lied. Actually, I only wanted to leave because of Daryl, but on the other hand also because of me. I was a ticking time bomb, and I'm too dangerous. I didn't want to hurt them because they reminded me of my old human life. They were a family and for the first time in a long time I felt again that I was loved. It wasn't much, just a little bit, but that meant everything to me. But no, Daryl had to destroy that for me too. Rick thought about it, but then nodded depressed. I said goodbye to everyone and Carl led me out to the gate. "Hey wait!" someone suddenly shouted from behind. Me and Carl turned around at the same time to see who it was. It was Daryl. "What?!?" I hissed. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I'm going again," I said. "Why?" he asked. "Because I decided to do it," I answered as with Rick. I turned around, it was already late at night, and I'm surprised that Rick let me go at this time. Carl opened the gate and I stepped outside, immediately I was attacked by these critters. Carl and Daryl wanted to help me, but I turned around and closed the gate in front of them. "You stay inside!" I hissed. Turned me around again and fought me through with my hard blows in the head, I don't care what you think now. They never see me again anyway. When I was finally through, I looked back, Carl looked at me in amazement. However, Daryl is suspicious. I smiled at Carl again to say goodbye and then disappeared into the forest. But something stopped me, no idea what it was. Was it perhaps a protective instinct? Sometimes I really hated being a vampire, always those shitty instincts. They have people too, but with us it is 100 times more pronounced. Now I noticed that I was full of smelly blood and wrinkled my nose, smelled like one of these critters! Should I go back? Should I warn you? I knew Daryl didn't take me seriously and didn't even mention it. And that's when I came up with the idea. I will just hide in the forest very close every day, but still not visibly at the prison. And when the day comes, I will protect her! I immediately turned around and looked for a tree that I would take care of. Then I found one, he was a little further away, but he was great. He was tall and dense, and he had a thick branch on which I could sit loosely and sleep. I ran a small bow around the prison to remain undetected and finally jumped on the tree with a sentence. From here I had the main entrance of the prison and the whole courtyard and watchtowers in my view.

1 week later

Like every day, I sat here and watched the situation, I only went down every 2 days to drink some blood from animals but that's it. However, I also noticed that animal blood keeps me strong, but doesn't make me so strong. At that time I was much stronger and I missed the taste of human blood when it ran into my mouth. And yes, there were clear differences there. Like every day, Daryl stood at his guard early in the morning and watched the situation, I didn't know what was going on with him, or why he was so mean to me. I mean, actually I didn't do anything to him. Suddenly heard moans from below and looked quickly. At least 20 strays, yes I now called them strays, grabbed my feet. If the branch were 2-3 centimeters deeper, they would reach me. "Such a shit!" I cursed quietly. I knew I had been blown up! Or maybe not? Maybe Daryl thought they were reaching for a bird or a squirrel or something. I looked down, there were more and more. And I couldn't jump over it, because there were densely overgrown leaves everywhere. If I were to jump, the scrub would stop me and I would fall directly into the stray herd. Desperate I moaned, suddenly I heard a buzz and one of the strays fell lifeless on the floor. I looked around and saw daryl standing there. Was he crazy?!? He only had a few arrows and a knife. "What the hell!?!," I cursed. Suddenly, the strays no longer paid attention to me, but only to Daryl. I jumped off the tree and wanted to help him. "No! Get help!" he shouted. "No! You would be dead if I were back," I shouted back. They had already circled Daryl, I had to help him. I just jumped over a few bites and landed in front of him. He just looked at me strangely. "We'll talk about that later!" I said. He then nike and we pushed back to back. He wanted to give me his knife. "No, are you crazy? You keep it," I said. The first biters came closer, Daryl pierced their heads with the knife, and I with hands and feet. After a while, everyone was dead on the ground and we exhaled with relief. "Are you hurt?" I asked. "No, you?" he asked. We both turned around at the same time and looked into each other's eyes. "Why did you want to help me?" I asked quietly and barely audible. "You belong to the group," he said. "What... but...", I couldn't get any further. "You ran away, but everyone agreed if you came back that you belonged to us," he said. I nodded. "And now to my question," he said and paused. I knew what was coming now. "What was that right now?" he asked and pinched his eyes into slits. I looked at the floor and I didn't know what to say. "I can't say it, it's too dangerous," I said quietly. "Why?" he asked. "Do you want Judith to die? That Rick is dying?" I asked. He looked up. "Are you going to kill her?!?" he hissed. "No. But if I tell you, and you'll keep saying it. I know that. Because I am a stranger and you need all the information about me, I would have to kill everyone," I said. "Who said I would pass it on?" he asked. I looked up. "I'll keep it to myself. I won't tell anyone!" he said resolutely. I looked into his blue eyes, they almost pierced me. But in them I could see a beautiful sparkle, which disappeared immediately afterwards. I thought about it for a long time, felt like 10 minutes. "Come with me," I said. I felt him smiling triumphantly slightly. But that also disappeared immediately again. We ran deep into the forest until we arrived on a small level of grass. Slowly I turned around. "You're going to kill me," I murmured barely audibly. But he understood it. "No," he said. "Promised?" I asked. He thought, but then nodded. "I- I am... a vampire," I said to his face. "Don't fool me. Come on, tell the truth," he said. "That's the truth," I said quietly. "Of course, and I'm Einstein!" he hissed. "Do you want proof?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded slowly. "Ok," I murmured and turned around. I made my V-face appear. "Sure?" I asked. "Yes," he said. I closed my eyes and opened them again. Then I turned to him, he scared himself and much back on the floor. I crawled back a bit and aimed his crossbow at me. "What's that all about?!" I asked. "You're a biter!" he shouted. "A what?" I asked. "A stray!" he said. "No! Never!" I shouted. "And why do you look like that then?" he asked. "Do biters have this?" and I showed him my razor-sharp incisors. "I don't think so now," he said in disbelief and stood up, but he still pointed his crossbow at me. "Take them down, I won't do anything to you," I said. He hesitated, but took her down. I made my V-face disappear and looked at him. "You'll tell them, won't you?" I asked after a while in silence. "No," he said. I looked at him in surprise. "Is it right with the governor?" he asked. "What..." I couldn't get any further. "The gray-haired guy!" he said. "Yes," I said. Again, it was a long silence. "What else can you do?" he asked and broke through the silence. I looked at him perplexed. "I'm full of secrets," I said...