11

"For example?" he asked. "Don't be scared," I murmured. Suddenly I stood behind him, scared he drove around. "What the hell?!?" he asked. "I warned you," I said with a grin. Suddenly I heard something, it was true. And now I also heard who these voices belonged to. It was the governor and his group, they were back on the river. "Daryl?" I asked. "What?" he suddenly asked dismissively. "Do you want to hear what the governor is up to?" I asked. His eyes widened a little and he nodded silently. "Then come," I said and ran towards the river. That, of course, at normal human speed so that Daryl could keep up. I heard Daryl running after me, we walked through a dense forest, the ground was moist and moss grew over it. The forest was green and even berries hung on some bushes. I heard a few birds chirping happily and for a moment I thought that this apocalypse was just a bad dream. But I was pulled back to reality when I heard the moaning of a biter. I gave Daryl a sign that he should stop and he did. In my V-speed, I grabbed his knife, which he had attached to his belt and was gone for a moment. The biter was about 5 meters behind a dense bush and came swaying towards me and wanted to grab me. Amused, I shook my head and ran the knife between his eyes. I pulled the knife out again and it fell to the floor, I ran back to Daryl and stood in front of him. He just looked at me questioningly. "It was a biter, I heard him," I said explaining. "How did you hear him?" he asked in disbelief. "I can hear miles away, so I also know where the governor is," I said. "Where is he?" he asked again dismissively. "On a river very close," I said. "Is anyone else there?" he asked. I tried to listen and recognized 2 different voices, one belonged to the governor. "The governor and 2 henchmen," I said. "How far away are we?" he asked. "If we run 2 minutes," I returned from myself. And he ran off. I overtook it with my V-speed, but then ran back to normal. Suddenly I stopped, if we had believed 2 steps further, we would have betrayed ourselves. But Daryl slammed against me. "Can't you be careful!?! Next time a warning!" he hissed. "Shut up!" I hissed back. He understood immediately and we both ducked behind a dense bush. We saw them, but they didn't see us. A brown-haired man squatted in front of the river and washed his face. The governor and a red-haired guy stood on the gravel and talked about the attack. "I will cut the women's belly after I raped them!" said the redhead. "And I'll button up the boss!" said the brown-haired man after he got up again. "No, I'll do that!" the governor intervened. The brown-haired man immediately lowered his head. "Yes, boss," he said. "Then I'll kill all the children!" he said with a nasty grin. "And the others do the rest! We will destroy their home!" the governor shouted with an evil grin. So there were others who attacked. "Skill her!" I suddenly heard behind me. I turned my head slightly to the side and stared at Daryl questioningly. "What?" I asked even though I knew what he wanted. "Skill her!" he hissed. "I'm going to piss for a moment!" said the governor and went a little deeper into the dense forest. "No," I said and wanted to go. "Do it!" he hissed softly and held me by the wrist. "No!" I hissed. I would have no problems killing them, but I knew after I was done with them I would kill Daryl. His grip around my wrist became more and more and more firm and I felt him squeeze my blood. "Daryl, you hurt me," I said calmly. His grip on my hand became a lot looser, but he didn't let me go. "Hey, there are some!" someone suddenly screamed from behind. "I hate you!" I murmured. Now I had to kill her, and I don't know what happened to Daryl. I tore myself off his handle and ran off. I jumped over the small river and broke the brown-haired man's neck without hesitation. The other stumbled with fright and fell to the ground and cut his arm on a rock. The blood just flowed and stood there, didn't know what to do. When I bit, I didn't know what happened to Daryl. But my instinct won and I bit his throat. I closed my eyes and enjoyed it, became stronger after every sip and noticed that the animal blood was never able to replenish my strength. Suddenly I heard that the governor was only a few meters away from the river, I quickly looked at Daryl. He stood there and looked at me, the governor would see him right away! I quickly jumped over the river and landed on Daryl, who was now below me behind the dense bush. I had to pull myself together so I wouldn't kill him. At first he looked at me questioningly, but then he understood when he heard the governor's angry cry. Suddenly I heard him unsecure his weapon and shoot around him, I quickly reacted and rolled Daryl behind a tree. We lay there for a long time and waited for the governor to disappear, and after some time he did. Without giving his cronies a headshot and thus redeeming them to become a stray. I looked Daryl in the eye, and only now noticed that I was still lying on him. I quickly got up and peered around the tree. He was gone. And I had managed not to kill Daryl!......