Epilogue - I'm in love with a campfire

Two years later...

Elijah parted his lashes late that morning, finding Luna lying in bed beside him, staring at him intently.

He smiled. "Good morning, stalker."

"Good morning," she replied, cheeks glowing a little red.

He chuckled and sat up on the bed, stretching out his arms as he exhaled a yawn. "You know what I figured out two years ago?"

"Yes?" she said then, eyes sparkling.

He glanced back at her in amusement. "That we're actually legally married."

She smiled a little, kicking her legs with her familiar excitement. "Yes."

"Well," he said as he stood, brushing off his shorts as he glanced back at her, "you coming? Breakfast time."

She shot up from the bed and ran over to him, giggling as she caught onto his arm.

He smiled a little when she set her head on his shoulder.

They stepped out from the room together.

It took Luna six months and a lot of therapy until she realized that the master was actually dead, and she was free.

She'd been in silent denial for months before it finally settled in.

It took her another year for the nightmares and paranoia to stop, but eventually, it did, and she was now happy and chipper.

She never got back to her original teenage self, though. She stayed like this childish girl, and Elijah knew that there wasn't really a chance of bringing her other-self back.

She really had been broken to the point of no return.

Luna held onto Elijah's arm as he helped her down to the kitchen, and she remained there until he made it to the fridge and pulled out a bag of blood for her.

She snatched it from him, making him chuckle as she chugged it in one gulp.

He smiled down at her. "Someone was hungry. You know you can get midnight snacks, Luna."

She gazed up at him, pulling the bag away. "But I like watching you sleep."

He chuckled when he pulled out some deli meat and closed the fridge. "You do realize how creepy that sounds?"

"Do you care?" she retorted.

He glanced back in amusement. "Good point."

Luna smiled giddily as he ate the deli ham and then tossed the now-empty bag in the trash.

He glanced back at her when he was done, smiling now.

She blinked when he stepped back over to her.

He just caught her chin and lightly ran his thumb over her bottom lip, and her cheeks shaded over with a light pink. "You got some blood." He smiled softly. "Hold on, it's not coming off. Come here."

He lifted her by her hips, making her squeak when he set her on the counter.

But he just stepped forward. "This should help."

And he pressed their lips together, making Luna close her eyes as he laced his fingers through her hair, pulling her closer.

He tasted so sweet... and like ham.

She liked it.

He pulled away, smirking a little. "Did you eat my chocolate?"

She blinked, and then her cheeks shaded over with red. "No."