Shame

She had such a calm heart, no matter what the situation was. She smiled gently at him even if he annoyed her when they went out for  dinner. Her heart was filled with so much love all the time, unlike his, which was filled with anger these past few days. He laughed at the thought of him becoming filled with anger for not just being able to see her. He knew that his attitude had surely changed just because of a woman. He decided that no matter what happened, he would make her his. Even if he had to run on lava to reach her, he would.

     Jessica was very disappointed after not hearing from Drake for some weeks now. She also felt angry, sad, and troubled after her Dad scolded her for going out with a man she had just met. She became annoyed when her dad told her to stay away from him, for he doubted Drake to be a good man.

   She didn't know why, but she also had a feeling Drake wanted nothing to do with her after some weeks of not hearing from him. She misses him dearly. She couldn't stop thinking about him. She kept hearing his beautiful voice and laughter, and she kept seeing his beautiful sapphire eyes. She kept remembering the feeling of having him around.

      What he had done to her, she doesn't know of. But what she knows is that it will take a while to get over this feeling. She stood up and went out to have some fresh air. She still kept thinking about him, which began to worry her if she could ever get over him. She also felt stupid for how she was falling too fast and easily for him.

      "Jess, what are you doing up this late?"Olivia asked, walking towards her daughter slowly with a smile. She noticed the look on her daughter's face and asked
suddenly, "Is something bothering you, my dear?"Jessica just smiled back at her mother and reassured her everything was right. But Olivia, being her mother, knew that Jessica was lying to her.

    "Is it because of what your father is planning on doing between you and that young man?"Olivia asked. The smile disappeared from Jess's face, and confusion appeared in her brown eyes. Olivia smiled and shook her head.

    "Don't worry, I don't have any problem with you liking him at first sight." Jessica's jaw dropped open after hearing what her mother said.

  "I don't like him mom", Jessica couldn't believe that her mom had caught her. Now she won't be able to sleep at all if her mother starts teasing her.

    She remembered when she first fell in love with a boy in high school. She was teased by her friends, her brother, and even her own parents. Now it will all start again, since this one it is even visible on her face that she's in love.

    "Oh good. I was even planning on introducing him to a friend's daughter, but I thought you liked him, so I stopped. I guess I can proceed on then, "Olivia teased. Jealousy filled Jessica's heart to its full capacity. She ran off to her room in order for her mother to not tease her more. Olivia laughed and walked to her own room to have a good night's sleep while her daughter was in the room trying to fight her jealousy.
"
"
   Niel was worried when he heard of his son at a hospital. He wondered what was wrong with Drake before he had to go to a hospital. Whatever it was, he just hoped that it was nothing serious. He wanted to talk to Drake badly, to make sure that everything was alright with him. But since it was late, he will call tomorrow.

     The next morning, Drake was on his way to the cemetery when something dropped into his head. Jessica might be awake and free now, so he guesses a quick call won't bother her. It was still dark though, since it was only four in the morning.

    Jessica was asleep when her phone started buzzing. She wondered who it was for her to be bothered at his hour. When she saw who it was, she stood up from her bed and answered it quickly. "Hello,"

     "Hi," Drake replied. After a moment of silence, he asked," How are you doing?", .

     "I'm good, you?"

     "I'm good as well," an eerie silence followed after that before Drake broke it. "I just wanted to check on how you are doing," "After forgetting about me, after making me have sleepless nights, you even bothered to call, she wanted to say but shutted her mouth.

     "I'm good and feeling better. Thank you for asking, "she replied. Drake noticed some anger in her voice and instantly knew why she was like that.

     "I would like to apologise for not coming to see you. I went to the hospital the other time but found your room empty. Even though I saw your letter, I really wanted to come but remember you said you don't want anyone to know that we went out on a date. So I just stayed home."he explained.

    "And what about not calling me also?" she added.

   A smile appeared on his lips. "Would you believe me if I said I felt shy?"he asked teasingly. She laughed, and he was happy to hear her beautiful laughter through the phone.

   "ok. I believe you, "she said excitedly. They continued talking for about forty minutes before the call finally ended after Drake said he was at the cemetery. She lay down on her bed and felt like screaming for the whole world to hear that she was crazily in love
====
====
    Veronica was shopping when she saw someone familiar. She walked forward in order to get a closer look when the person turned to look at her. Her eyes widened in shock when she remembered who it was. She didn't even notice when a gasp escaped her lips.

    "Eduardo, what are you doing here?"

    "Well, isn't this a surprise to see you again?. Well as you can see, I'm shopping, "he said. He could see the shock on her face as she couldn't believe what she was seeing. The Eduardo she used to know before was from a poor family. A family that couldn't even afford proper clothes but now look at him. He looked so rich and elegant.

    She wondered what Drake would also look like by now. As if he could read her thoughts, he said, " Well, if you want, you can shop freely, Drake wouldn't charge you",. Her head began to throb so hard it was hurting, and her heart pounded painfully inside her chest. She felt like throwing up because of shame. She remembered how she ill treated the two best friends when they were kids because their parents had nothing and hers had all that she ever needed.