Chapter 6: Run to Rivendell.

"Someone's coming!" Harry could hear something coming their way. 

"Stay together! Hurry now! Arm yourselves!" Gandalf ordered. 

Everyone rushed towards each other, huddled together. Harry and his friends drew their wands. 

"Is it more Trolls?" Neville asked nervously.

But it wasn't more trolls. It was a man bursting through the bushes on a sled pulled by Rabbits. A man with brown robes, a brown tapper hat, long grey hair that was covered in bird poop. And a long beard. To Harry, he looked like the distant cousin of Hagrid, except not as giant. 

That man was Radagast the Brown.

"Thieves! Fire! Murder!" Radagast yelled. 

"Radagast. Radagast the Brown!" Gandalf greeted with open arms. He put his arms away before walking towards Radagast. 

"This is Radagast?" Hermione asked in disbelief. "He's got a little... well everywhere, actually." 

"Some might think that's good luck, Hermione." Luna pointed out. 

"What on earth are you doing here?" Gandalf asked Radagast. 

"I was looking for you, Gandalf." Radagast answered. "Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong." 

"Yes?" Gandalf now had Radagast's attention even more. 

Radagast then paused like he was going to say something. But couldn't. "Just give me a minute. Um, oh! I had a thought and now I've lost it. It was... it was right there, on the tip of my tongue!" 

"We've all been there." Harry assured.

"Oh! It's not a thought at all! It's a silly old stick insect." Radagast realized. And he had stuck out his tongue to reveal an insect. 

Gandalf removed the bug from the tongue. And then placed the bug in Radagast's hand.

"Ugh..." Hermione and Ginny squirme.

"Well... at least it's not Slugs." Ron commented getting flashbacks to when he tried to curse Malfoy, and it backfired on him big time.

Radagast then looked at the others. "Who are these?" He asked. "Oh wait, wait! You must be... You must be the Wizards! Dumbledore's apprentices!" He realized. 

"You know Dumbledore?" Harry asked.

"Of course I do. We Wizards get around, you see." Radagast answered. "But I need to speak with you, Gandalf. It's about the Greenwood." 

Gandalf looked at everyone else. "Could you give us a minute, please?" He requested.

The others decided to leave Gandalf and Radagast alone to speak. "The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it. Nothing grows anymore. At least nothing good." Radagast informed. "The air is fowl with decay. The worst are the webs."  

"Webs? What do you mean?" Gandalf asked.

"Did he say, webs?" Ron whispered as he and Harry listened in on the conversation. 

"Spiders, Gandalf. Giant ones. Some kind of spawn of ungallant. Or I am not a Wizard. I followed their trail. They came from... Dol Guldur." Radagast explained and causing Ron to flinch at the thought of Spiders.

"Dol Guldur?" Gandalf asked as he turned back to face Radagast. "But the old Fortress is abandoned." 

"No, Gandalf... it is not." Radagast said. "A dark power dwells in there. Such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon... the spirits of the dead."