Gibberish Encounter

It all started on May 9th, 2008.

I had just left my house, to grab a cup of coffee to relieve stress, it wasn't helping that Rayon, my boyfriend had been distant too. He'd been out of the country for a while, being in Germany felt strange. I'd never been here before; I've always lived in England since I was born.

Being here with German people and not being able to understand it made me feel left out, maybe I should learn. I shrugged my shoulders and walked towards the nearest coffee shop, It was very windy, I could feel my coat lifting every time the wind blew air towards me.

As I got to the shop, I ordered a normal cup of coffee with a chocolate chip cookie on the side, I sat down on a table and enjoyed my order. Something wasn't normal here though, outside of the window I could see multiple people lining up near a big white van, they had papers, pens and bras in their hands as they waited for someone..or somebody to get out of the car?

I wasn't alarmed, I've seen this happen before, so I kept drinking my coffee and took a bite of my cookie; I could hear muffled screams as I looked outside, I could see a tall figure coming out of the van. I took another bite of the cookie and squinted my eyes to take a look at the figure better.

Black spiky hair; perhaps blond strikes on some pieces of it...I realized who this boy was, famous golden boy..Bill Kaulitz, I'd only seen him on MTV before. Behind him I could see the other tall figure, and it looked like he was the one getting fawned over by all the girls screaming his name...totally...and of course it was Tom. Behind him I could see the other two boys, one with mid shoulder length hair...brownish and the other one with normal short blond hair.

I never realized how many fan girls they had...I mean I had listened to few of their songs but seriously..? It wasn't even that good.

I took my coffee and cookie in hand as I walked out of the shop, I could see Bill and the others trying to get through the crazy crowd of girls..I could never see myself getting crowded like that; I'd vomit from social anxiety.

As they walked past me to enter the coffee shop, I thought to myself; "I really could just ask him for an autograph...I'd be able to show it to Eleanor; my best friend" Neither she or Rayon had been active much, and it kind of worried me.

I shimmied back into the cafe, pushing through some of the girls and slowly awkwardly...walking towards Bill..oh gosh I was a nervous wreck and hell if he said no, I'd feel like a dumb bitch.

I tapped on his shoulder, and I saw Bill turn around to face me...I was standing there in agonizing silence, he stood there awkwardly staring at me before he spoke up.

"Kann ich Ihnen bei irgendetwas helfen?" He had said, I was so confused. I stood there then spoke up awkwardly; "English?" I said with a small nervous smile. He cleared his throat and spoke again. "Can I help you with anything?" This time I was more prepared for the question. "Uh Hi I'm Y/n, would you mind if I could get an autograph..? it's for my best friend she totally adores you guys" I was obviously lying when I said that, I just needed a reason to ask for an autograph.

"An autograph? sure thing...you're not like one of those crazy girls out there are you?" He asked with a small smile, honestly I fell for him. I shook my head and took out a small picture of me and Eleanor from my wallet, I handed it towards him as he looked around his pockets trying to find a pen.

"You got a pen?" I don't carry them, usually they carry them" He pointed at the girls outside being held back by security. "Uh yeah, I think I do.." I looked through my purse and took out a small pink sharpie, I handed it to him with a subtle smile while he signed the picture.

"There, give her my best regards" He grinned and gave the picture back, I wanted to keep talking to him but I didn't want to be eager, looking for any excuses to talk to him at all.

"I listened to a few of your songs on MTV, I'm not a giant fan or anything but you're a really good singer" What the fuck, I've never told this many lies in a row.

"I'm a good singer? Thank you so I've been told..but some people thing it's not ideal.." He had looked back at his brother who was getting impatient and his other two friends which whom were sat already waiting for their order, Bill shrugged Tom off.

"Does Tom play Bass?" I had asked as I looked over at the tall boy, it was clear bill was taller...they were all taller than me. "No that's Georg..uh Tom plays the electric guitar, I gotta get my order- if you would sit we could talk some more?"

Oh cool, getting to talk to a famous person? I mean- I'd get to brag about it..forget it, he seems like a nice person...I should stop being so rude; "Yeah sure, I have time."

I saw him walk away from me and grab his order off the counter, along with his brother. I could see tom drinking coke as he sat near a window, Bill signaled over to me then he sat down on a table.

I sat down in front of him, the yelling outside wasn't getting any better either. "So who's George..?" I should've known better than to say I listened to a few of their songs and didn't even know the other two guys. "George? That's my best friend, we've been friends since like...way back. so he's the one with the brown hair" He smiled and drank his coffee in a short while then set his cup down.

"Oh okay, who's the other one? Blond one" I asked, "That's Gustav, my other best friend..we also go way back, he's the drummer...he's pretty skilled..yeah, what do you do? He had asked me, I wasn't sure how to answer that; I had only just moved here.

"At the moment...nothing, but I do hope to work in a hair salon...I think it's cool" I smiled, this one didn't feel forced..it naturally happened.